• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amplifier Modules and PCBs For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 148505

Calculating the dissipation of the HVIC in my JLAmp1000D shows that the IC needs heatsinking so that I can run it with higher osc. freq. while maintaining the reliability.

IR2110 does not heat much in my JLAmp1200D because the totem pole drivers took care of the gate drive.

Nice design.......Are you going to sell the PCBs?

i would be very interested to purchase one. Can this amp drive a Cerwin Vega 12 or 15 inch woofer into 4 to 8 ohms?

Just curious if you have burned in your unit over several hours of playing time with any negative results?

thanks and GOD blesses us..

D

Deleted member 148505

Nice design.......Are you going to sell the PCBs?

i would be very interested to purchase one. Can this amp drive a Cerwin Vega 12 or 15 inch woofer into 4 to 8 ohms?

Just curious if you have burned in your unit over several hours of playing time with any negative results?

thanks and GOD blesses us..

Yes, eBay link is in the first page
My amp can drive 2 ohm loads. This is the picture of my first build, I've been using this everyday since July and it never failed me specially on occassions/parties. It has +-65VDC unloaded rails and measured 500W into 2 ohms resistive load.

Regards,
Lester

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 856
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 806
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 724
D

Deleted member 148505

It's 2pcs Micrometals T106-6 with 30 turns of AWG18 solid wire. When stacked, it requires 3 more number of turns to get the equivalent inductance of stacked T106-2, but runs cooler :)

Note that material-6 (yellow, clear) is different than what you see on computer SMPS's which uses material-26 (yellow, white).

thanks for your answer

It's 2pcs Micrometals T106-6 with 30 turns of AWG18 solid wire. When stacked, it requires 3 more number of turns to get the equivalent inductance of stacked T106-2, but runs cooler :)

Note that material-6 (yellow, clear) is different than what you see on computer SMPS's which uses material-26 (yellow, white).

Hi
what about AMP power tester ?
plz give me the shematic and information for that
thanks

D

Deleted member 148505

First time to listen to my JLAmp1000D in fullrange stereo, the sound is surprisingly good!
The treble is soft, not irritating and there's ambience and echo, soundstage is very wide. I'm very proud of it :)

Here's the youtube vid so that you'll have an idea of its sound. The camera audio sucks, the sound is wayy better in person of course. The background is also not clear because we live near a busy highway...

JLAmp1000D Stereo Sound Test - YouTube

D

Deleted member 148505

Trying the scaled down version of JLAmp1200D. I will be using IRFB5615 mosfets. The mosfets will use the same heatsink as the regulator (20degC/W)., The Totem Pole SMD buffers were bypassed by putting jumpers on PCB.

Target 300W @4ohms, "audiophile" sound :)

Will run at +-53VDC. By scaling down components, costs were almost cut to half compared to 1.2KW version

Attachments

• IMG_2175.jpg
    IMG_2175.jpg
    914.4 KB · Views: 1,047
D

Deleted member 148505

If the design is not finalized, is there any chance that you could make all the active devices heatsink mounted below the pcb like you did with the JLAmp1200/1000? That would set it apart from the LJM version, and all the others like it out there.

Thanks for the suggestion, we can provide better heatsink for the mosfets by mounting it below the pcb.

I also added 10A speaker protection circuit, it requires external 12-0VAC.

Size is now 2.8" x 4.9"

Attachments

• JLAudiophile-250D.PNG
    JLAudiophile-250D.PNG
    126 KB · Views: 893
Thanks for the suggestion, we can provide better heatsink for the mosfets by mounting it below the pcb.

I also added 10A speaker protection circuit, it requires external 12-0VAC.

Size is now 2.8" x 4.9"

Hi Lester,

I like this better because I can easily mount the board directly to a heat sink and that can be part of (e.g. the side of) the amp case, or on the back of a powered loudspeaker.

Any reason why you don't also do that with the 7812 regulator? The hole for it could be under R114, which could be repositioned slightly along with R113(?) in the corner of the board where they are located. That way all heat generation could be tied into the same heatsink that rejects heat to the outside of the case/enclosure...

-Charlie

D

Deleted member 148505

Hi Lester,

I like this better because I can easily mount the board directly to a heat sink and that can be part of (e.g. the side of) the amp case, or on the back of a powered loudspeaker.

Any reason why you don't also do that with the 7812 regulator? The hole for it could be under R114, which could be repositioned slightly along with R113(?) in the corner of the board where they are located. That way all heat generation could be tied into the same heatsink that rejects heat to the outside of the case/enclosure...

-Charlie

Hi Charlie,

With the right input voltage to feed the regulator, the LM7812 doesn't need heatsinking because the current which keeps the relay on will be quite low (around 50ma).

Status
Not open for further replies.