Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier
VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2013, 06:27 AM   #1661
miksi is offline miksi  Serbia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Nis
Well, I've manage to screw up one channel. I am using single ended outputs from TPA IVYIII directly coupled to VSSA. First I had hum from both channels when connected to DAC but that was cured with proper grounding arangements similar to what Andrej has in his latest amp box. RCAs was not connected and when tried with speakers it was dead silent, no hum, no buz. After connecting with DAC, I've realized that amp was already on when I tried to switch it ON . Now on one channel I have 0.5V and rising in the matter of seconds to over 1 volt DC. Other channel is perfectly fine. I will check input pair and hope nothing happend to ALFets.
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2013, 10:07 AM   #1662
miksi is offline miksi  Serbia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Nis
Input pair is OK. Resistor R19 10ohm smd 2010 in negative rail was the problem. It looks normal but not conductive. It must be stressed out due to capacitor charging (frequent on/off switching for adjusting). I can't find any smd 2010 so I will put 10+10||10+10 1/4w smd.
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2013, 03:23 PM   #1663
bressix is offline bressix
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
I got mine boards yesterday .
Thank you Andrej
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2013, 10:08 PM   #1664
supernet is offline supernet  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
supernet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Europe
Hypex PSU transformation


Panasonic EE and FM capacitors already in place...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hypex.JPG (243.1 KB, 706 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 01:09 AM   #1665
Lazy Cat is offline Lazy Cat  Slovenia
diyAudio Member
 
Lazy Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksi View Post
Input pair is OK. Resistor R19 10ohm smd 2010 in negative rail was the problem. It looks normal but not conductive. It must be stressed out due to capacitor charging (frequent on/off switching for adjusting). I can't find any smd 2010 so I will put 10+10||10+10 1/4w smd.
Very good miksi, do not stop till you make it, I guarantee you won't be dissapointed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 01:11 AM   #1666
Lazy Cat is offline Lazy Cat  Slovenia
diyAudio Member
 
Lazy Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernet View Post
Hypex PSU transformation
Panasonic EE and FM capacitors already in place...
Good job supernet, all SMPS's elcos replaced, VSSA will rock.
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 01:17 AM   #1667
Lazy Cat is offline Lazy Cat  Slovenia
diyAudio Member
 
Lazy Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicus69 View Post
P.S.: I will build the VSSA anyway in the next month, as I am sure it will be a major step forward, but I need to have a future next project
Hi metallicus69

Agree on that, first VSSA and than balanced (bridged) version. I think balanced version comes into consideration only for 8+ Ohm speakers or driving some drivers directly in an active speakers system. Anyway worth to try it, I cannot promise anything, very busy lately.
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 01:41 AM   #1668
Lazy Cat is offline Lazy Cat  Slovenia
diyAudio Member
 
Lazy Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Since we are in vendors forum I'll go full blast on VSSA marketing and therefore promote new Alu-chassis made especially for VSSA and SMPS400A180 modules in dual mono configuration. Here are some pictures of a second VSSA amplifier assembled, from now on with official commercial name Lakner Oné The most transparent amplifier

Few more pics clearly shows how to assemble all pieces together into final product. This one was ordered by local Hi-Fi shop, after heard VSSA demo version they simply cannot forget the VSSA sound signature, which is none. Let me just say that they housed some Clase, Cambridge, Naim and NAD amplification.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSSA Case 12.jpg (470.6 KB, 675 views)
File Type: jpg VSSA Case 13.jpg (502.9 KB, 618 views)
File Type: jpg VSSA Case 14.jpg (556.4 KB, 573 views)
File Type: jpg VSSA Case 15.jpg (531.6 KB, 479 views)
File Type: jpg VSSA Case 16.jpg (521.0 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg VSSA Case 17.jpg (504.9 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg VSSA Case 18.jpg (482.9 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg VSSA Case 19.jpg (540.6 KB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg VSSA Case 20.jpg (644.2 KB, 250 views)
File Type: jpg VSSA Case 21.jpg (603.7 KB, 268 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 01:48 AM   #1669
PMI is offline PMI  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Cat View Post
...Here are some pictures of a second VSSA amplifier assembled, from now on with official commercial name Lakner Oné The most transparent amplifier ...
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 01:55 AM   #1670
kasey197 is offline kasey197
The Dastardly Dad of Three
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Cat View Post
Since we are in vendors forum I'll go full blast on VSSA marketing and therefore promote new Alu-chassis made especially for VSSA and SMPS400A180 modules in dual mono configuration. Here are some pictures of a second VSSA amplifier assembled, from now on with official commercial name Lakner Oné The most transparent amplifier

Few more pics clearly shows how to assemble all pieces together into final product. This one was ordered by local Hi-Fi shop, after heard VSSA demo version they simply cannot forget the VSSA sound signature, which is none. Let me just say that they housed some Clase, Cambridge, Naim and NAD amplification.
very very beautiful - congratulations!
  Reply With Quote

Reply


VSSA Lateral MosFet AmplifierHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2SK/irfp lateral vertical mosfet amplifier HELP ?? medogrizli Solid State 58 5th March 2017 10:18 AM
Really simple lateral mosfet amplifier Tekko Solid State 11 25th March 2013 06:31 PM
Magic - My first Lateral MOSFET Push-Pull amplifier shaan Solid State 44 7th September 2011 11:47 AM
200 Watt Lateral Mosfet Amplifier macgyver Solid State 32 14th January 2005 06:37 AM
200W Lateral Mosfet Amplifier macgyver Solid State 5 7th July 2003 07:49 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:35 PM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 14.29%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio
Wiki