• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

Amanero combo 384 firware

Hello , I'm a newbies , and I hope to receive some support. I've a Chinese DAC with AMANERO Combo384 installed . When I try to update firmware using Amenero website doc and tools , I receive this error :
"Invalid or not authorized transaction!"
Reading some posts in this discussion , I think is not an original Amanero card.
Actually , after Amanero reset firmware procedure on P3 , win 10 not reconize anymore the device.

Pratically I cannot use Amanero usb and I cannot update or reinstall any firmware.

Could you someone help me ?

I phone and send mail to Amanero without a replay.....

You have a clone Amanero card, not a real one. Trying to flash it with real Amanero code will brick it. Sorry, the card is probably ruined. Real Amanero cards cost around $100. If you paid much less than that then it can't be real. Usually, on the Chinese websites they sometimes refer to real Amanero boards as "Italian Amanero."

Just thought this might be helpful
If you remove the small inductor labelled L1 it disables the 5+v feed in via the USB socket then you can apply power (3.3v) via the rear 20 pin header.
Pins 9 & 10.
see photo

L1 location.jpg

it disables the 5+v feed in via the USB socket

New to this part of the woods (digital, software alchemies for said digital to 'function' and so on) and trying to learn, so i hope you'll excuse the dumb question..
If i recall correctly, newest USB protocol requires a powered VBUS, or -at least as far as an OS may be concerned- device is not allowed to operate.
Is that correct? ie that following what's quoted above is inadvisable if the device is meant to, say, connect to a PC?

(you just posted some useful info, not misunderstanding intent or looseness of context, it just.. prompted the question, as i've seen this mentioned elsewhere too)

The Amanero solution disables the voltage regulators on the Amanero board when +5v from the USB host is not present. That causes Amanero to reset if the USB cable is unplugged and then plugged back in. It works that way even if L1 is removed and a local power supply is used to power the Amanero board.

I have heard that some digital sources/servers/streamers like to see a load/current draw on the DAC
USB connection but I think that requirement is extremely rare.
I have built at least 300+ DAC's using the Amanero internally powered ( USB socket 5v pin disconnected) & never had a issue.
I have just recently started using the new Auralic G1 streamer & it works perfectly via the Amanero in the above configuration - eg L1 link removed.
Powering the Amanero with a local low impedance, low noise PSU produces an immediate improvement in the sound vs powering it via USB socket from a digital source.

Last edited: