• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

How to obtain a Combo 384

Months ago I put my name on the GB list and heard nothing, so I PM'ed Domenico. He responded quickly and offered to sell me a Combo 384 for $45 including tracked shipping to the US. My device arrived about three weeks ago without any problem.

I suggest that you skip the GB and make arrangements to buy directly with Domenico.

Months ago I put my name on the GB list and heard nothing, so I PM'ed Domenico. He responded quickly and offered to sell me a Combo 384 for $45 including tracked shipping to the US. My device arrived about three weeks ago without any problem.

I suggest that you skip the GB and make arrangements to buy directly with Domenico.

Thanks eseal, I took your advice and am dealing directly with Dom, easy transaction, no problem.

Since this is not clear in this thread, I highly recommend that anyone looking to buy the Amanero adapter board, PM amanero (Dom) directly as mentioned. His price is great, and very easy to deal with!

I haven't looked at this thread for ages and have not read through the huge amount of pages since my last visit.
Leading to, has anyone put a momentary switch connected to the shorting pads for erasing the firmware prior to changing it. (Then mount it in a not-so-easy to accidentally actuate position)
For a fully installed unit it must be easier than opening up and accessing the board directly. Even for power supply modified boards this would still be handy, IMHO.

So I've got a quick question... hopefully not a dumb one!

I received my Combo384 this afternoon and wired it up quickly for a test. It works great if I set it on 32bit, 96kHz on either my Windows machine or my Mac OS X machine.

However, if I set the sample rate to anything higher than 96kHz, all I get is static.

Why is this, and what do I (or can I) do to alleviate this?

This doesn't sound right. Are you using ASIO or WASAPI? (in the case of Windows)

I'm not using any special output settings on Windows, but most of my experience with the board is on the Mac machine. To give you a better idea of what I'm doing:

On Mac: if I set the output in the Audio/Midi settings of the Mac to Combo384 and adjust the sample rate to 192kHz or higher, I get static only.

1. Squeezelite (headless squeezebox emulator, supports 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192k/352.8/384kHz) outputting via USB
  2. Playing files ranging from 16/44 to 24/192 on Logitech Media Server interface
  3. Amanero Combo384 set to I2S
  4. Combo384 connected (correctly) to Opus DAC
  5. Opus DAC to Ballsie SE converter
  6. DAC output to EHHA Rev A

On Windows: If I adjust the sampling rate to 192kHz or higher in the Playback Devices settings window, all I get is static

1. Foobar w/ basic settings (no WASAPI, etc.)
  2. USB to Combo384 board
  3. Same chain down the line as on the Mac above

Looking at these two lists, the only things that could be the issues are:
  • Output settings (but this happens on BOTH Mac and Windows remember)
  • USB Cable
  • Amanero Combo384

Has anyone encountered this before?