• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ES9018 DUAL MONO DAC PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am offering a groupbuy for the very compact highest performing ES9018 dual mono dac pcb. The dac can take spdif and I2S input signal. The spdif input signal works only in stereo mode which means only the first dac chip can used and the other can be switched off. The I2S signal can be used either in stereo or dual mono mode. Members can use their own power supply and IV stage. Fully assembled DAC can also be provided in case members find it difficult to sourcing the parts. The dac board measures 13 cm (l) x 6.9 cm (b). This DAC is very cheap to build and all components are easily available. All necessary documentations for building the dac will be provided to the members. The dac boards are high quality FPT tested FR4 pcb.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Cost per dac board $65 + $10 worldwide registered airmail shipping with full tracking. The DAC board has isolated i2c interface for the microcontroller. The AVCC buffers can also be omitted if members wish to have their own AVCC buffers. Anyone interested can contact with paypal email id and number of boards required.

there is no reason the spdif should be limited to one chip, you havent worked out how to program the registers of the ESS yet? why are they running with a clock each?
interesting enough and i'm sure some will buy it, but I cant see ive seen much on V1, all parts are easy to source? how about the chips that must be bought in lots of 5 from a single place?

Last edited:
Yes, the spdif is connected to second chip also. I couldn't share a single clock with both chips as the distance between the clock pins of the dac chip and clock will be long. Yes all parts are easily available, the crystal is available from digikey and for the dac chip there is no such single place where you have to buy a lot of 5. It is easily available in lots of two. In case anyone whats me to get the dac chip in lots of two i can get them easily.

my point was, why not make the design so that it can share a clock. obviously with the current layout that would be suboptimal, that wasnt my suggestion. it would not be difficult to place a clock in between them, particularly if it was 4 layer.

last I bought the chips some time ago, I think there was a minimum order. but regardless, the chip is not easily or cheaply available from the usual suppliers, its the reason there havent been many GB's of this type with the ESS.

if you set the dac to dual differential or one of the other mono formats by the registers, you dont need to make any changes to the spdif signal, you just send the same stereo signal to both dacs. the dac, if correctly set to one of the mono formats, will use only what part of the signal it needs to ie. just left, just right etc. each dac is assigned an address in the registers 0 or 1 to allow this

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I am offering a groupbuy for the very compact highest performing ES9018 dual mono dac pcb. The dac can take spdif and I2S input signal. The spdif input signal works only in stereo mode which means only the first dac chip can used and the other can be switched off. The I2S signal can be used either in stereo or dual mono mode. Members can use their own power supply and IV stage. Fully assembled DAC can also be provided in case members find it difficult to sourcing the parts. The dac board measures 13 cm (l) x 6.9 cm (b). This DAC is very cheap to build and all components are easily available. All necessary documentations for building the dac will be provided to the members. The dac boards are high quality FPT tested FR4 pcb.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I can't see the pic.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.