Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Intelligent Curve Tracer 3.0 release
Intelligent Curve Tracer 3.0 release
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th June 2020, 09:01 AM   #241
locky_z is online now locky_z  China
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
Hi,

now that´s weird.
Started the tracer today again and it worked!
Iirc the only difference I remember could have been that I started the ´ADS8771_v3.exe´ from the folder I downloaded from gerhard (#194) instead of the original ´Locky_z Curve Tracer Software - v3.5.zip´.
Got some nice curves and some very distorted which I think is due to some unfortunate settings of Vb et al.
So I closed the app and restarted it .... guess what ... no sweep but just a single measurement.
Closed and restarted the App again and it worked again

Well, so far I´m not too familiar with all the settings .... so I get results which sometimes appear reasonable and sometimes odd (especially the Hfe-Ic curves didn´t show sensible values ... a BC547C with a Hfe of >10.000 or <50??)
Here are the screen shots (btw. what and where is that ´save-file´?
1st: Options/System | 2nd: Diagnose/Device Test | 3rd: Measurement/Load Conditions/NPN-Hfe-Ic default | 4th: same, but parameters adjusted for BC547C | 5th: Go!, with and without Calibration

jauu
Calvin
2019 version had change some relay control byte and DAC channel, and these parameter store in ads7871_v3s.ini. Previous versions of ini files may not work with 2019 version.
Suggestions go to Curve-Tracer/2019/ENG/EXE at master * locky-z/Curve-Tracer * GitHub, download the ini file for 2019 version.

Your last picture shows a very large hfe, I think the reason is the incorrect relay control bit in the ini file,
Old 27th June 2020, 09:46 AM   #242
gerhard is offline gerhard  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Got some nice curves and some very distorted which I think is due to some unfortunate settings of Vb et al.
So I closed the app and restarted it .... guess what ... no sweep but just a single measurement.
Closed and restarted the App again and it worked again
Well, so far I´m not too familiar with all the settings .... so I get results which sometimes appear reasonable and sometimes odd (especially the Hfe-Ic curves didn´t show sensible values ... a BC547C with a Hfe of >10.000 or <50??)
I never got meaningful results from bipolar transistors. Methinks the DUT then just
oscillates and you get random numbers. I did not investigate this because I happened
to get somewhat usable results for the FETs I was interested in, and that removed the
pressure. Absolutely no interest to debug someone else's hardware. Simply using
base stoppers would distort the results.

FETs are also not free from hickups, see the current limit effect on some DUTs in
the picture. Measured again, preferably with a different moon phase, these FETs behaved
normally.

And I don't miss the documented raw interface as long as I cannot set up the thing
from the intended surface without leaving doubt because of the "documentation".
When I'm going to program myself, I can just as well use lab supplies / fun generator /
scope under GPIB control.
What I wanted was: switch it on, plug the DUT in and see the results.

Gerhard
Attached Images
File Type: png 42731084214_ba73556ef1_o.png (315.2 KB, 209 views)
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" "We don't demand solid facts! What we demand is a total absence of solid facts. I demand that I may or may not be Vroomfondel!"

Last edited by gerhard; 27th June 2020 at 09:49 AM.
Old 27th June 2020, 10:05 AM   #243
AnalogJoe is offline AnalogJoe  Mexico
diyAudio Member

Where can I buy this and how much is it?
Old 27th June 2020, 11:46 AM   #244
Calvin is offline Calvin  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I installed the files and the tracer is running.
Am getting mostly weirdo results when running the scripts or predefined measurements.
So far a rather disappointing experience since the documantation leaves room for improvement (No technical specs .... am I right that the maximum supply specs are +40V and 3.2A?)

jauu
Calvin
Old 27th June 2020, 11:56 AM   #245
gerhard is offline gerhard  Germany
diyAudio Member

I used the power supply of a slaughtered HP inkjet pro : 32V / 3.5A

It was a little bit less voltage than the max allowed, so you are probably right.
I can't find the requirements right now. It should be enough for my +-5V world.

Try some slowish FETs first.

Gerhard
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" "We don't demand solid facts! What we demand is a total absence of solid facts. I demand that I may or may not be Vroomfondel!"

Last edited by gerhard; 27th June 2020 at 11:59 AM.
Old 30th June 2020, 02:27 AM   #246
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi,

I installed the files and the tracer is running.
Am getting mostly weirdo results when running the scripts or predefined measurements.
So far a rather disappointing experience since the documantation leaves room for improvement (No technical specs .... am I right that the maximum supply specs are +40V and 3.2A?)

jauu
Calvin
1. Make sure the ADs7871_vs.ini is downloaded from Github.
2. Load the measurement conditions of "Ic-hfe" or "Vgs-ID" or "Vbe-Ic" with "fix Vce".
3. Make sure the being test component is good and you sure know their pin number. If the test component is broken, the curve is incomprehensible.
4.The measurement condition that does not have "Fix Vce" is "Customs Mode", which may need to be based on your supply voltage, may do some adjust.
Old 1st July 2020, 07:59 PM   #247
altec9440 is offline altec9440  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locky_z View Post
For the disassembled version, what are the steps to complete tester ?
Old 2nd July 2020, 05:38 AM   #248
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by altec9440 View Post
For the disassembled version, what are the steps to complete tester ?
The curve tracer are assembled. Just need a 32-40V power supply and a PC run with this software. The software can download from github.
Old 2nd July 2020, 09:50 AM   #249
altec9440 is offline altec9440  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locky_z View Post
The curve tracer are assembled. Just need a 32-40V power supply
So you confirm that the difference between $179 disassembled product and $219 complete tester is only power supply ?
Old 2nd July 2020, 11:06 PM   #250
AnalogJoe is offline AnalogJoe  Mexico
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by altec9440 View Post
So you confirm that the difference between $179 disassembled product and $219 complete tester is only power supply ?
Just my 2 cents, but what I think he means with partially disassembled components is that some components are re-used parts from other equipment, not that you have to assemble the unit yourself.

Intelligent Curve Tracer 3.0 releaseHide this!Advertise here!