• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LJM Audio

can someone give me a hand picking a power switch?

i'm putting together a (2) L20.5 amplifier

using (2) of these power supplies: 600W Class D Digital Amplifier Switching Power Supply Board Auto DC+-58V | eBay

if i'm reading the meter correctly at the top, he's pulling about 3.2A at full bore

since i'm running two, do i need a switch rated for >6.4A?

i see a lot of power switches max out around 5A on audiophonics

thanks!

Hello there.

Can somebody give me some little help with something?

I have two LJM L20SE in a DIY amplifier and I got an issue : I think some transistors are dead (the one you can see on the picture was really hot with bad smell).

201027103027183213.jpg

Everything was running with a very good SMPS : connex electronic SMPS500RXE
and with CLC filter from connex electronic (with almost 10 000uf per rail).

The sound was fantastic. Last morning I tried to turn on the amplifier and the sound was harsh. One minute later everything was dead, with my SMPS safety activated. I tried to use other amplifier boards with my poser supply + filter and everything is ok.

Do you think this can come from SMPS use? I cannot find the info.

Thanks

Joined 2018
Paid Member
I think both the L20 and L20.5 are good out of the box. However in my case I bought the L20.5 without the heatsink and if I did it again I would have bought it with the heatsink due to the peculiar mounting of the power transistors.

I don't know about the L25.

The L20 is easier to mount inside a salvaged receiver, for example. But I think the L20.5 performance is a little better. But both are quite high performance.

Last edited:
Hi - what is the best way to reduce gain on this amp model?

There are two resistors which divide the output to provide the negative feedback.

They might be values like 10k (upper resistor in the divider) and 330 (or 470) for the lower resistor in the divider. If you raise the lower resistor the gain will be reduced. If you lower the upper resistor the gain will also be reduced. I lowered the upper resistor to suit my application. I have also reduced the gain in some of the pre-amplifiers I have bought. You need to consider where it is best to reduce the gain, if needed.

For the L20, MX50SE and L12-2 I have marked the resistors on the enclosed schematics. Unfortunately I don't have the full L20.5 schematic. Perhaps someone can post that.

However all the designs are related as you can see. I believe the L12-2 is most closely related to the L20.5 (being an upgrade).

Attachments

• L12-2 Gain Resistors.png
    L12-2 Gain Resistors.png
    300.1 KB · Views: 593
  • L20 V9p2 Gain Resistors.png
    L20 V9p2 Gain Resistors.png
    184.1 KB · Views: 589
  • MX50 SE Gain Resistors.png
    MX50 SE Gain Resistors.png
    444.3 KB · Views: 558
Joined 2019
Paid Member
Hi LJM,

did you already developed an gan-mosfet class-d amplifier or plan to do so?
GAN-Mosfet seem to be superior to silicon-mosfet especially for audio applications. Have a look at

Class-D Audio Amplifiers

I am very interested in a reasonable priced gan class-d amplifier and I am for sure not alone.

If Lester is not working on one, or is not pursuing that idea, drMordor is developing one. Its only conceptual at this point (I think).

Pete

Hello LJM,

I recently bought an LJM Power Supply Filter (Capacitance Multiplier).

Is this a genuine LJM product? Or is it a fake? Are the capacitors real or are they fake? Especially the Nichicon KG 6800 uF 63V?

Attachments

• 6800uF  63V  Nichicon  KG.jpg
    6800uF 63V Nichicon KG.jpg
    552.3 KB · Views: 404
  • 6800uF 63V Nichicon KG.jpg
    6800uF 63V Nichicon KG.jpg
    605.6 KB · Views: 395
  • United Chemi-Con LXZ  2700uF 63V.jpg
    United Chemi-Con LXZ 2700uF 63V.jpg
    728.2 KB · Views: 114