• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

JTD Audio launches Callisto 160W Power Amplifier Module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

Just a quick note to inform you all that the new JTD Audio 160W Callisto Power Amplifier module is now available to purchase at JTD Audio - Home

This amplifier is state of the art in that:

The amplifier uses four very powerful (300W) Mosfets, yet still produces negligible distortion, even outperforming the Douglas Self 'Blameless' transistor (BJT) amplifier.

It features a unique, bespoke protection circuit (no VI limiters) which continuously monitors the output current. If this is above a certain level, then the output stage is shutdown in less than 1 millisecond. The amplifier remains shutdown until the power supply is removed and re-applied. The protection circuit has no effect whatsoever on the audio signal path, so cannot possibly affect sound quality.

Unlike our competitors, our amplifiers are fully characterized by the latest Audio Precision (AP: High Performance Audio Analyzer & Audio Test Instruments ) measurement equipment. We claim nothing that we have not measured! For instance, we publicise our THD measurement on the datasheet.

The design of the amplifier, along with its associated specification, guarantees exceptional sound quality. In fact, this amplifier has no discernable 'sound', it simply amplifies the incoming signal without adding or taking anything away.

The amplifier has been tested with loads down to 2ohms and also capacitance greater than 4uF.

The amplifier is available for demonstration at our premises in Stalybridge, Cheshire, UK.

At the moment we are offering promotional price discounts – please contact us info@jtdaudio.co.uk for details.

http://www.jtdaudio.co.uk/datasheets/callistov3.pdf
JTD Audio - Amplifier Modules

Hi LaraBingleHo,

Yes, the price is for a single mono channel - one circuit board.

We recognise that we do not sell the cheapest amplifiers, but to our knowledge, JTD Audio produces the best performing power amplifier module on the market.

Unlike our competitors, we are able to reproduce all our stated performance figures using Audio Precision equipment.

Many thanks for your enquiry.

160w Callisto

Dear AudioDiy members
I have just built and completed a Callisto 160 watt power amplifier using 2 psu boards, 2 speaker protection boards, 2x 625va transformers and a soft start module. I have built audio equipment on and off over the years stating with Bi Pre Pak modules, Wireless World's Texan from Henrys Radio etc. I have to admit I was sceptical about this latest project but having become disappointed at the performance of £2500 worth of Cyrus Mono X's power amps I decided to build an power amp using JTD's 160w Modules and I so glad I did.
These amplifiers performance is second to none. There is no doubt they out perform the Cyrus Mono x's and out perform the Arcam P38 power amps.
The definition, control, and pure music joy is beyond belief these really are worth the effort to build. I am listening through Tannoy Kensington floor standing speakers, 10" dual concentric drivers, and 93db/m.
The audio industry is so full of hype, I believe it is failing to deliver real high performance equipment. Here is a chance to obtain real performance that can not be brought at any price.
A very happy JTD Callisto owner
Dave

Not so good after all

A 20 year old dual mono Rotel amplifier is demonstarting better clarity in the mid's/ vocal area than the JTD modules ( Now also using Harbeth Super HL5 Speakers) Dont waist your money on unproven expensive DIY modules who's resale value is almost zero

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.