• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Shipping to the UK

BREXIT has introduced some big complications for small businesses.

The big new requirement is that non-UK vendors have to set up accounts with UK Customs and collect VAT for all orders under a certain amount, then pay those VAT periodically. I am not prepared to do that.

This is why you see the minimum order amount with some sites, and I will likely start doing the same.

My short-term fix was to just stop shipping to the UK. I will try to get some better software updates done soon.

I was in the market for a pair of Lo-Z Retro boards with mounted op-amps and I’m disappointed to discover yet another problem with our government’s recent policies. I fully understand your stance, but I wondered if Ebay offers any kind of solution for this? I’ve recently bought a couple of overseas items where they have handled the VAT. I don’t know much about the selling side of Ebay and there may be other reasons why you wouldn’t want to use them.