Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 17th October 2019, 02:12 AM   #1
DQ828 is offline DQ828  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Buffalo III - Amanero Issue

Hi

Some years ago I built a DAC using the Buffalo III and installed an Amanero USB module which was tested numerous time but generally never go used, I used the SPDIF inputs for my listerning.

I have recently made a Strawbwery Pi streamer running Volumio. When I tested it via the Amanero I had bad distortion in the right channel, I then connected the Amanero to my PC and had the same distortion!

I swapped the Amanero out for another one I had and experience the same distortion. I then bypassed the Isolator and Sidecar and connected the Amanero directly to the BIII, same distortion in the right channel.

So from the above I assume there is an issue with the BIII?

Playing SPDIF via the BIII sounds fine.

Any thoughts as to what might be wrong with the BIII?
Old 7th December 2019, 04:46 AM   #2
BrianDonegan is offline BrianDonegan  United States
diyAudio Member

Buffalo III - Amanero Issue
I am going to guess that this is clock/data noise injected in the I2S lines (have seen it before).

Can you post a picture of your I2S wiring from the Amanero to the Buffalo?

Buffalo III - Amanero IssueHide this!Advertise here!