• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo III - Amanero Issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

Some years ago I built a DAC using the Buffalo III and installed an Amanero USB module which was tested numerous time but generally never go used, I used the SPDIF inputs for my listerning.

I have recently made a Strawbwery Pi streamer running Volumio. When I tested it via the Amanero I had bad distortion in the right channel, I then connected the Amanero to my PC and had the same distortion!

I swapped the Amanero out for another one I had and experience the same distortion. I then bypassed the Isolator and Sidecar and connected the Amanero directly to the BIII, same distortion in the right channel.

So from the above I assume there is an issue with the BIII?

Playing SPDIF via the BIII sounds fine.

Any thoughts as to what might be wrong with the BIII?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.