• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

USB I2S and SPDIF for B3 SE Pro

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Which would be the preferred way to have both USB to I2S and an SPDIF inputs on the new B3 Se PRO?

Amanero Hermes Cronus provides USB to I2S.

Option 1 would be to use the OPUS WM8804 and an OTTO to switch the two I2S sources feeding the DAC.

Option 2 would be a single SPDIF receiver connected to the on board comparator and a switch to have the DAC select input.

Thoughts?

Which would be the preferred way to have both USB to I2S and an SPDIF inputs on the new B3 Se PRO?

Amanero Hermes Cronus provides USB to I2S.

Option 1 would be to use the OPUS WM8804 and an OTTO to switch the two I2S sources feeding the DAC.

Option 2 would be a single SPDIF receiver connected to the on board comparator and a switch to have the DAC select input.

Thoughts?

Option 2. Kinda what it was designed to do.

It seems silly to have the wonderful isolation of the Amanero, Hermes, Cronus combination and then directly connect the ground of the SPDIF input to your secondary source. I am using only the input isolation transformer and tapping that to feed the SPDIF on the Buffalo III Pro which continues to provide the loading and level transition. A single switch works glitch and pop free to select between inputs and all grounds remain isolated. I highly recommend adding an input transformer for the SPDIF side of things for the lowest possible noise floor.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.