Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 31st May 2019, 02:56 PM   #1
amigo1 is offline amigo1
diyAudio Member

Default Non-Botic BBB Questions (amigo1 thread)

Thank you very much for your help for beginners!
Please explain how to shutdown Arch Linux OS remotely by smartphone? What Google Chrome Extension we need for Android to be installed?
Old 31st May 2019, 05:39 PM   #2
amigo1 is offline amigo1
diyAudio Member

1) Use anybody RompЯ — Web client for MPD? Music Player Daemon - ArchWiki
2) What Google Play android application need to be installed to shutdown Arch Linux OS remotely?
Old 1st June 2019, 06:40 AM   #3
coroner21 is offline coroner21
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigo1 View Post
1) Use anybody RompЯ ó Web client for MPD? Music Player Daemon - ArchWiki
2) What Google Play android application need to be installed to shutdown Arch Linux OS remotely?
Hi amigo1, I use cantata usually as MPD client. However rompr sounds also like a great idea in order to control MPD from phones or tablets.

Regarding remote shutdown: I understand that there are numerous android apps that can execute ssh commands on some remote system. You want to use one that simply issues

Code:
sudo poweroff
on the BBB. Be sure to install sudo and setup a user that is allowed to use it first (see Sudo - ArchWiki). Alternatively you could also simply use the root account and root password to shutdown.

I have to admit that on my BBBW I simply cut the power and donít care at all about shutdown... so far without issues.
Old 1st June 2019, 09:32 AM   #4
amigo1 is offline amigo1
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coroner21 View Post
Hi amigo1, I use cantata usually as MPD client. However rompr sounds also like a great idea in order to control MPD from phones or tablets.

Regarding remote shutdown: I understand that there are numerous android apps that can execute ssh commands on some remote system. You want to use one that simply issues

Code:
sudo poweroff
on the BBB. Be sure to install sudo and setup a user that is allowed to use it first (see Sudo - ArchWiki). Alternatively you could also simply use the root account and root password to shutdown.

I have to admit that on my BBBW I simply cut the power and donít care at all about shutdown... so far without issues.
1) Please explain, are you control cantata via smartphone and how you install it on beaglebone black?
2) Know you android app that can execute ssh commands on the remote system Arch Linux not in terminal, maybe via bottom on/off like app google play RaspController? Сutting the power manually on my BBB can damage Arch OS!
Old 1st June 2019, 11:39 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
1) Please explain, are you control cantata via smartphone and how you install it on beaglebone black?
Cantata is available only for macOS, Linux and Windows, not smartphone OS. For iOS I currently use Maximum MPD app. If you want to install rompr on your BBB why not just google the numerous installation guides available? Let me know if you get stuck adapting them to Arch Linux ARM system.

Quote:
2) Know you android app that can execute ssh commands on the remote system Arch Linux not in terminal, maybe via bottom on/off like app google play RaspController? Сutting the power manually on my BBB can damage Arch OS!
I use BBBW and I am not sure whether it has the same issue. I have a switchable AC outlet for my amp, DAC and BBBW and I just switch the outlet. As I said no problem so far.

If you want to shutdown using the Android phone, I think the following app should work just fine: Raspberry SSH Custom Buttons – Apps bei Google Play. SSH is already installed on the Arch Linux image anyways.
Old 1st June 2019, 11:39 AM   #6
amigo1 is offline amigo1
diyAudio Member

Volumio has this button in the interface to control shutdown Debian OS.
Old 1st June 2019, 11:49 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Volumio has this button in the interface to control shutdown Debian OS.
Then why don't you just install some random volumio image that works for you and be done with it??? I can only tell you what works for me and what I use. This is not a professional end user product and I am not even the one who created the initial driver or the Chronus board.

I use arch linux on my BBBW and I spent a lot of time porting the driver to the latest kernel versions. I am happy to share this development with anyone who might be interested. Unfortunately that is all I can do.
Old 1st June 2019, 11:55 AM   #8
amigo1 is offline amigo1
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Cantata is available only for macOS, Linux and Windows, not smartphone OS. For iOS I currently use Maximum MPD app. If you want to install rompr on your BBB why not just google the numerous installation guides available? Let me know if you get stuck adapting them to Arch Linux ARM system.
I am interested if rompr has this button on/off in the interface?

Quote:
I use BBBW and I am not sure whether it has the same issue. I have a switchable AC outlet for my amp, DAC and BBBW and I just switch the outlet. As I said no problem so far.
Have you BeagleBone Black Wireless?

Quote:
If you want to shutdown using the Android phone, I think the following app should work just fine: Raspberry SSH Custom Buttons Ė Apps bei Google Play. SSH is already installed on the Arch Linux image anyways.
Thank you for explanation!
Old 2nd June 2019, 07:25 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I am interested if rompr has this button on/off in the interface?
No. I installed it this weekend on my BBBW and there is no off button.

Quote:
Have you BeagleBone Black Wireless?
Yes, BBBW is BeagleBone Black Wireless.
Old 2nd June 2019, 08:55 PM   #10
amigo1 is offline amigo1
diyAudio Member

Quote:
No. I installed it this weekend on my BBBW and there is no off button.
What is your impression of RompЯ?

Non-Botic BBB Questions (amigo1 thread)Hide this!Advertise here!