• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Non-Botic BBB Questions (amigo1 thread)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
1) Use anybody RompЯ — Web client for MPD? Music Player Daemon - ArchWiki
2) What Google Play android application need to be installed to shutdown Arch Linux OS remotely?

Hi amigo1, I use cantata usually as MPD client. However rompr sounds also like a great idea in order to control MPD from phones or tablets.

Regarding remote shutdown: I understand that there are numerous android apps that can execute ssh commands on some remote system. You want to use one that simply issues

Code:
sudo poweroff

on the BBB. Be sure to install sudo and setup a user that is allowed to use it first (see Sudo - ArchWiki). Alternatively you could also simply use the root account and root password to shutdown.

I have to admit that on my BBBW I simply cut the power and don’t care at all about shutdown... so far without issues.

Hi amigo1, I use cantata usually as MPD client. However rompr sounds also like a great idea in order to control MPD from phones or tablets.

Regarding remote shutdown: I understand that there are numerous android apps that can execute ssh commands on some remote system. You want to use one that simply issues

Code:
sudo poweroff

on the BBB. Be sure to install sudo and setup a user that is allowed to use it first (see Sudo - ArchWiki). Alternatively you could also simply use the root account and root password to shutdown.

I have to admit that on my BBBW I simply cut the power and don’t care at all about shutdown... so far without issues.

1) Please explain, are you control cantata via smartphone and how you install it on beaglebone black?
2) Know you android app that can execute ssh commands on the remote system Arch Linux not in terminal, maybe via bottom on/off like app google play RaspController? Сutting the power manually on my BBB can damage Arch OS!

1) Please explain, are you control cantata via smartphone and how you install it on beaglebone black?

Cantata is available only for macOS, Linux and Windows, not smartphone OS. For iOS I currently use Maximum MPD app. If you want to install rompr on your BBB why not just google the numerous installation guides available? Let me know if you get stuck adapting them to Arch Linux ARM system.

2) Know you android app that can execute ssh commands on the remote system Arch Linux not in terminal, maybe via bottom on/off like app google play RaspController? Сutting the power manually on my BBB can damage Arch OS!

I use BBBW and I am not sure whether it has the same issue. I have a switchable AC outlet for my amp, DAC and BBBW and I just switch the outlet. As I said no problem so far.

If you want to shutdown using the Android phone, I think the following app should work just fine: Raspberry SSH Custom Buttons – Apps bei Google Play. SSH is already installed on the Arch Linux image anyways.

Volumio has this button in the interface to control shutdown Debian OS.

Then why don't you just install some random volumio image that works for you and be done with it??? I can only tell you what works for me and what I use. This is not a professional end user product and I am not even the one who created the initial driver or the Chronus board.

I use arch linux on my BBBW and I spent a lot of time porting the driver to the latest kernel versions. I am happy to share this development with anyone who might be interested. Unfortunately that is all I can do.

Cantata is available only for macOS, Linux and Windows, not smartphone OS. For iOS I currently use Maximum MPD app. If you want to install rompr on your BBB why not just google the numerous installation guides available? Let me know if you get stuck adapting them to Arch Linux ARM system.

I am interested if rompr has this button on/off in the interface?

I use BBBW and I am not sure whether it has the same issue. I have a switchable AC outlet for my amp, DAC and BBBW and I just switch the outlet. As I said no problem so far.

Have you BeagleBone Black Wireless?

If you want to shutdown using the Android phone, I think the following app should work just fine: Raspberry SSH Custom Buttons – Apps bei Google Play. SSH is already installed on the Arch Linux image anyways.

Thank you for explanation!

Botic is a kernel enhancement that will run under different versions of Linux. Volumio was a Debian variant (IIRC) and Miero’s original image was based on Debian. A more recent image of Debian with Botic was posted by @twluke. And just above in this thread is information on an image of Arch Linux with Botic. Search and read back a ways and you will find posts related to all of your objectives.

Debian hasn't package mpd 0.21.10-1 and Volumio is nearly dead for Beaglebone black. Old Volumio can't decone new radio stations!

Last edited:
Micro Linux - buildroot + kernel 4.9.146-Botic7-rt
http://puredsd.ru/botic7-image.gz or if the site is unavailable - MEGA

Contains:
  1. MPD 0.20.23 rt patch
  2. Aprenderer 2.02 (AlbumPlayer upnp renderer)
  3. Network Audio Adapter (HQPlayer Sygnalist)
  4. RoonBrige

Thank you for your work!
Please explain:
1) What android application (Google) use you for smartphone to control AlbumPlayer?
2) Why you not compile mpd 0.21.10-1?
3) Usе you Tiny Core Linux instead of Debian and Arch?

Last edited:
Thank you for your work!
Please explain:
1) What android application (Google) use you for smartphone to control AlbumPlayer?
2) Why you not compile mpd 0.21.10-1?
3) Usе you Tiny Core Linux instead of Debian and Arch?

1. The most convenient in my opinion - BubbleUPnP. The AbumPlayer has a web interface with additional tweaking options http://IP_BBB:7779. But I do not use DLNA. Support for this protocol was added just at the request of friends.
  2. MPD v0.21 has many problems. I do not consider this version stable.
  3. I have not heard about the version of Tiny Core for BeagleBone. But the current Linux version is very similar to TinyCore with its minimalist ideology.

Last edited:
  1. The most convenient in my opinion - BubbleUPnP. The AbumPlayer has a web interface with additional tweaking options http://IP_BBB:7779. But I do not use DLNA. Support for this protocol was added just at the request of friends.
  2. MPD v0.21 has many problems. I do not consider this version stable.
  3. I have not heard about the version of Tiny Core for BeagleBone. But the current Linux version is very similar to TinyCore with its minimalist ideology.

What Linux operating system you use?

Password specified in the attached pdf - Support for Botic Linux driver
Package Management are not and will not be in this firmware. If you need to install a package, it should be compiled from source codes.
This is the minimum version with installed packages necessary ONLY for playback.

If I need new MPD release, should I compile it from source codes?
Can I use MPDroid application to control Album Player via smartphone?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.