• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Non-Botic BBB Questions (amigo1 thread)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Weak point of your firmware that HQplayer can’t be controlled with mobile phone (HQPDcontrol, BubbleUPnP for DLNA etc).
There are no weaknesses.
I spent several days in private messages trying to explain to you the concept of this firmware. On this forum, you too were given a lot of clarification.
But you apparently either do not hear, or do not want to understand.
Once again - my firmware is not a full player! There is no need to controlled it. This is the network adapter between the software player and the DAC.

There are no weaknesses.
I spent several days in private messages trying to explain to you the concept of this firmware. On this forum, you too were given a lot of clarification.
But you apparently either do not hear, or do not want to understand.
Once again - my firmware is not a full player! There is no need to controlled it. This is the network adapter between the software player and the DAC.

You didn’t answer many my questions!
Please explain what hinders you in your efforts to update your firmware to control HQPlayer via smartphone (control point)?
I don’t know if is there on Google Play any software to control HQPlayer for Arm boards like Beaglebone?

You didn’t answer many my questions!
Please explain what hinders you in your efforts to update your firmware to control HQPlayer via smartphone (control point)?
I don’t know if is there on Google Play any software to control HQPlayer for Arm boards like Beaglebone?

So Amigo1, after asking us here and me in private email and me answering you in private these questions you're now asking one of the main contributors ppy why it is he hasn't got a solution to your new specific use case?

In private email you asked me and showed your use case. These questions have been answered to you, either here or in private email already.

Somehow you keep on questioning for other use cases and in a tone that's beyond being polite, friendly, or just plain curious and which clearly isn't just a side effect of not using your native language. As an example: the tone in which you think you can get PPY to think he should explain to you why he hasn't done a certain thing is just plain rude and not worthy of response. PPY has contributed more than many in ways of providing excellent software as well as sound hardware. He owes you nothing.

I would suggest you read the answers you were given , make the best of them and not make personal demands as if someone here owes you anything.

amigo1, I do not get your point either. If I got it right you have to look at the whole chain when thinking about how to control it:

Mobile-APP ----> Hqplayer-"Server" (be it Windows or Linux embedded) ---> BBB-HQplayer "Client"

PPY is providing only the last piece for the client with the BBB-image. So it is a dumb client which plays whatever the "Server" delivers as a stream.

The control of what the Server is playing needs to be done upfront / up the chain, so it has nothing to do with ppY's software.

I guess if you would choose not to use the BBB-PLayer solution and have your heavy HQplayer-PC which does all the upsampling work sitting next to your DAC, you could come up with your question in the same way: How do I now control this setup remotely ?

You see...it has nothing to do with PPY 's image. The BBB solution just does a couple of thingsfor you: You can put the loud and heavy PC into a different room, you got a clean player software and hardware solution and not the Windows crap (try to build a good sounding Windows Audio PC...good luck with that), you got USB out of the system and, and, and...

--------------

It is a different question when you choose to use MPD though. There I have not yet fully understood whether MPD as well works here only as a renderer (so dumb client) or as well as a player which you connect to the usual remote apps directly to or if you can choose between the two...I am working on my install as we speak, so no pratical experience yet...which will change soon. MPD can do all of that, but its a question how the setup chosen looks like. I use currently MPD/ALSA for my NAS, but would love to be able to play Tidal as well...which so far I was not able to...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.