• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

1 Placid HD-BP for 2 IVY?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey there,

On search of i2s dacs, I run over the COD and OPUS. As I need more channels, I just built both of them :D

As I now rebuild my setup (the OPUS now also got an IVY), I play with the power supply of them. I read, that one Placid HD-BP is powerful enough for 2 IVY. Am I correct?

If yes, I was wondering if it is possible to run two different dacs from one supply so there are 4 channels in total. I use two i2s-boards (DANTE supported) for signal source. The dacs (va and vd) are separatly powered.

Will it work or will it interfere? I‘m using a 2x15V / 50va transformator for the placid.

Looking forward for your answers!

Greetings from germany,

Thorsten

Here are some pictures of my babies, waiting for rebuild.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    786.4 KB · Views: 116
  • B5896266-8542-45DC-98C6-CBACA0BD5C68.jpg
    B5896266-8542-45DC-98C6-CBACA0BD5C68.jpg
    805.5 KB · Views: 109
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.