• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Upcoming chip from ESS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Let's not go there on this thread... Please...

No problem, Brian. I have been listening MQA material since its introduction on Tidal, and personally I have been enjoying the quality, even on my entry level MQA enabled DAC (Meridian Explorer 2).

I would be very pleased to have a newer Buffalo build based on the upcoming chip. Since you are the first to market)) with newest ESS chips, I was wondering whether you are already doing something...

If you are using Tidal - just let the player decode the MQA - that's what I do and it works great. :) The normal filters 88.2/96K work just fine - the MQA specific filters are really not important.

Thanks! However, when I use MQA / Non MQA material (MQA supported decoding and no MQA encoding) with the same frequency on Meridian Explorer 2 (which is entry level of course) the difference is noticeable..

From the product update attachment in salavat's comment (#14):

"Samples and evaluation boards are available and the ES9068 will be featured for listening in the ESS demo suite at the 2019 CES show in Las Vegas, January 8th - 11th. For more information, contact your local sales representative."

I was hoping they would be available by now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.