• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Centaur Power Supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Would it be expecting too much of these to supply a load needing 1.3A @ 26V?

I'm assuming a carefully chosen transformer to keep Vin vs Vout as small as possible and the use of a taller heatsink.

The regulator can deliver up to 3A, and the key factor with voltage is the input/output delta, so I think you should be fine. Note the the included C5 (2200uF) is a 25V part, so that should be updated to a higher voltage rating.

I think the included heatsink should be fine as well.

I'm reading the LM350 datasheet and learning about how this is typically used in a circuit. They provide tips regarding input, output and bypass caps and I thought it would be interesting to see how those are implemented in the Centaur. (I believe they are as very similar values can be found in the BOM).
The link for the schematic is broken on the TPA website, would it be possible to attach it here or fix the link ?

EDIT: Also, is there an ETA for more boards in stock..? I'd like to order a few more.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.