• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Placid BP HD 2.1 Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, I admit I am an idiot! - replaced the bridge rectifiers in my Placid BP HD 2.1 with Ixys HyperFreds, but goofed and connected + and - the wrong way around. Fired up an magic smoke.

Being lazy I would buy a new kit, but they are currently out of stock - can anyone suggest the first components to replace to try and repair? - My guess is most of the active IC's and transistors.

Brian/Russ, do you know when the Placid BP may be back in stock incase it's not repairable?

Cheers

Well, I am amazed, in troubleshooting I connected back up with polarities corrected and the board works fine. My guess is that I created a bridge somewhere with the low melting point IC removal Chip Quick material which heated up and the smoke was the associated flux - but who knows. Anyone need a set of semiconductors for a Placid?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.