Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 23rd June 2018, 08:12 PM   #21
MartinC700 is offline MartinC700  United States
diyAudio Member

Problem Solved!!!

After many weeks of frustration, including replacing a Cronus and installing a new Amanero and switching out multiple uFl cables I discovered the problem.

As I am using an Arduino to switch the GPOI settings for SW1 and SW2, I had set all the switches to OFF (High) and then control via the Arduino. Since I was not changing the PCM format, the Arduino was not connected to these pins. According to the firmware guide, having SW1-2 and SW1-3 both set the same (either high or low) should enable I2S. Not so, with them both set off (high) there is huge amount of noise and distortion. Switching SW1-2 and SW1-3 to ON (low) fixed it, sync mode is perfect whether the MCK is connected with hook up wire or u.Fl
Old 23rd June 2018, 09:30 PM   #22
MartinC700 is offline MartinC700  United States
diyAudio Member

Using the modified version of Brian's sync firmware (that allows switching from I2C to SPDIF) the only minor issue is that the Lock LED is on all the time. Not sure if this can be solved with a firmware change.

Troubleshooting my Cronus/B3SE-PROHide this!Advertise here!