• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

BuffaloPRO build thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Decided to layout my upcoming BuffaloPRO

Attachments

• B3pro.jpg
    B3pro.jpg
    884.2 KB · Views: 621
Here's my stuff. Sorry about the mess, the boards are not even secured to the case, as I've been constantly upgrading from BIIISE to Soekris, to BIIISEPro now, and too lazy to drill the new holes.

Inside are:
- Buffalo-IIIsePro38 with Mercury
- Placid HDs and LCDPS upgraded with new caps
- Cronus (in sync mode)/Hermes/BBB
- Selectronic trafos (I was lucky enough to grab some of them before the company closed down)
- the little boards before the Placids are discrete diodes (well, double diodes in one case) along with trafo snubber, which is measured for the trafo that it connected to
- I've also connected the HDD directly to the BBB (providing the power from LCDPS, as BBB is not powerful enough), and I'm hoping it wasn't a placebo effect :), but I've heard a small improvement as opposed to the HDD being connected to NAS

Fred, may I ask: How would BIII compare to Soekris, BIIIpro ?

It's definitely better than the original BIII SE and it's only got maybe 10 hours on it. I'm going to build another IVY with some different components and try a different power supply for the IVY as well. But for now I'm very pleased. It's worth the time and money to upgrade to the Pro

Finally after two years on a cookie sheet....simple build. BIII 9028 Pro, Mercury, two TP HD BP (v2.1) power R&L channels, Centaur powering the DAC board and a TP LCDPS powering the Hermes/Cronus modules, Amanero USB. Sounds fantastic! It replaces a TP BIII 9018 with Legato.

Just USB input and balanced out with a lock LED in the front panel.

Attachments

• 9028_1.jpg
    9028_1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 246
  • 9028_2.jpg
    9028_2.jpg
    907.8 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.