• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Custom firmware for B3/B3SEPro

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has it been already 3 months? Wow.. No, I'm afraid that I have no progress to report.

Version 1.09 works just fine for the 9028/9038 Pro chips but with no synch support yet.

Which USB receiver will you be using?

Will not use USB atm. The source is a BeagleboneBlack with Hermes/Cronus via a pair of Teleporters.

Branko

PS: is there any "short" fix for the proper dac reset procedure?

It shouldn't be hard to use one of the controller's isolated I/O pins to control the reset pin.

All one needs to do it pull this pin low on power-up of the controller and keep it that way for a second or so (depending on how much time one's regs need to fully ramp up).

You do have spare isolated I/O, right? Maybe I can do a "1.09b" version of the firmware with just this one patch for the time being.

It shouldn't be hard to use one of the controller's isolated I/O pins to control the reset pin.

All one needs to do it pull this pin low on power-up of the controller and keep it that way for a second or so (depending on how much time one's regs need to fully ramp up).

You do have spare isolated I/O, right? Maybe I can do a "1.09b" version of the firmware with just this one patch for the time being.
Hi Dimitris,

1.09b would be great. I do have plenty spare I/O pins thanks to your great shield :)
ATM I use the Twisted Pear Regs.

Than you

Branko

Reset procedure?

Hi,

after reading this thread and looking at some firmwares for the ES9038pro I am still not sure how to perform a correct reset procedure with an external controller?

Is it possible to do this reset only via I2C (software reset) or must there also be a "wire" to the GPIO header (pin1)?

If it needs a wire connection: would it be ok to use a relay to connect reset pin (pin1) of the GPIO header to GND for 1,5 sec to perform the reset and then open the relay? Or would it be necessary to hold pin1 active high?

thank you

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Is it possible to do this reset only via I2C (software reset) or must there also be a "wire" to the GPIO header (pin1)?

If it needs a wire connection: would it be ok to use a relay to connect reset pin (pin1) of the GPIO header to GND for 1,5 sec to perform the reset and then open the relay? Or would it be necessary to hold pin1 active high?

1. You need a hardware (via GPIO) reset to enable I2C communication with the DAC. Any software resets via I2C must be handled carefully because it can produce a strong output signal burst. Also, the I2C reset command will usually raise an error that needs to be handled in software to keep control code running.

2. Not sure - I hold the pin high just in case...

1. You need a hardware (via GPIO) reset to enable I2C communication with the DAC. Any software resets via I2C must be handled carefully because it can produce a strong output signal burst. Also, the I2C reset command will usually raise an error that needs to be handled in software to keep control code running.

2. Not sure - I hold the pin high just in case...

Thank you. :)

I2C Scanner

Hi,

Before I do anything, I thought I should at least a scan if my arduino can see the BuffaloIIISE Pro dac. So I connected the two lines directly from the arduino to the EXT_IO pin 23 & 24, SDA & SCL, and connect a gnd wire from the arduino to the pin 3, Gnd. Then run the scanner, so no I2C addr found. Next, I turn everything off, I then place a jumper from pin 21, RST to pin 1, VDD. then turn arduino on, then turn dac on, then after few seconds, took jumper off pin 1 and place it into pin 3 Gnd. Hoping that these procedure is correct, but arduino still could not find the Dac. What am I doing wrong, please help.

Alex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.