Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 2nd May 2019, 08:16 PM   #31
francolargo is offline francolargo  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drone View Post
Is it possible to do this reset only via I2C (software reset) or must there also be a "wire" to the GPIO header (pin1)?

If it needs a wire connection: would it be ok to use a relay to connect reset pin (pin1) of the GPIO header to GND for 1,5 sec to perform the reset and then open the relay? Or would it be necessary to hold pin1 active high?
1. You need a hardware (via GPIO) reset to enable I2C communication with the DAC. Any software resets via I2C must be handled carefully because it can produce a strong output signal burst. Also, the I2C reset command will usually raise an error that needs to be handled in software to keep control code running.

2. Not sure - I hold the pin high just in case...
Old 2nd May 2019, 10:04 PM   #32
drone is offline drone  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by francolargo View Post
1. You need a hardware (via GPIO) reset to enable I2C communication with the DAC. Any software resets via I2C must be handled carefully because it can produce a strong output signal burst. Also, the I2C reset command will usually raise an error that needs to be handled in software to keep control code running.

2. Not sure - I hold the pin high just in case...
Thank you.
Old 8th July 2019, 03:39 AM   #33
adeveza is offline adeveza  United States
diyAudio Member

Default I2C Scanner

Hi,

Before I do anything, I thought I should at least a scan if my arduino can see the BuffaloIIISE Pro dac. So I connected the two lines directly from the arduino to the EXT_IO pin 23 & 24, SDA & SCL, and connect a gnd wire from the arduino to the pin 3, Gnd. Then run the scanner, so no I2C addr found. Next, I turn everything off, I then place a jumper from pin 21, RST to pin 1, VDD. then turn arduino on, then turn dac on, then after few seconds, took jumper off pin 1 and place it into pin 3 Gnd. Hoping that these procedure is correct, but arduino still could not find the Dac. What am I doing wrong, please help.

Alex
Old 9th July 2019, 08:57 PM   #34
adeveza is offline adeveza  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Sketch for 9018

Does anybody have the older sketch for ES9018 buffalo dac? I could not download the one on HIFIDUINO website.

Thanks,
Alex

Custom firmware for B3/B3SEProHide this!Advertise here!