Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 18th July 2019, 12:13 AM   #971
Sabrosa is offline Sabrosa  United States
diyAudio Member

Introducing the Buffalo III-SE-Pro 9028/9038
It's not illegal. If you signed an ESS NDA in order to receive the datasheet and then shared it, you'd be in violation of your NDA, but if you're not a party to the agreement then there's nothing restricting you from obtaining or sharing the information as an individual.
Old 18th July 2019, 12:29 AM   #972
twluke is offline twluke  Japan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeveza View Post
Wow, sorry, I did not know that, thanks for the info..
Just curious though, why would it be illegal? just to have some information.
Dont quite get it.

Regards,
Alex
Yes, the datasheet may be just a kind of mere technical information but it is not open to the public. If an owner of datasheet with signed NDA is going to give its copy to you, it means that he is going to breach this agreement.

I think obtaining the datasheet is very simple. Just find the email address of the dealer nearby and send a mail of request to them. A few days later they will send a paper of NDA as a PDF file. Just send back it after signing as an attachment in your mail. Then, they will send you a copy of datasheet.

Regards,
Old 18th July 2019, 12:34 AM   #973
adeveza is offline adeveza  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrosa View Post
It's not illegal. If you signed an ESS NDA in order to receive the datasheet and then shared it, you'd be in violation of your NDA, but if you're not a party to the agreement then there's nothing restricting you from obtaining or sharing the information as an individual.
So, okay, how do I go about in getting one? So I am not a party to any agreement, how can I obtain this datasheet?

Thanks,
Alex
Old 18th July 2019, 12:38 AM   #974
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twluke View Post
I think obtaining the datasheet is very simple. Just find the email address of the dealer nearby and send a mail of request to them. A few days later they will send a paper of NDA as a PDF file. Just send back it after signing as an attachment in your mail. Then, they will send you a copy of datasheet.

Regards,
I am in San Fran area, here in california, ESS have an office close by, I tried calling, but nobody answers, and no contact email provided. Well, I will try again.

Thanks for the info,
Alex
Old 18th July 2019, 01:45 AM   #975
Sabrosa is offline Sabrosa  United States
diyAudio Member

I received my copy through Shaw Electronics (ESS distributor) a few years back.
Old 18th July 2019, 01:58 AM   #976
twluke is offline twluke  Japan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeveza View Post
I am in San Fran area, here in california, ESS have an office close by, I tried calling, but nobody answers, and no contact email provided. Well, I will try again.

Thanks for the info,
Alex
I'd like to add to Sabrosa's recommendation: Forte Technical Sales, LLC. Their URL for contact is here.
Old 18th July 2019, 04:44 AM   #977
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twluke View Post
I'd like to add to Sabrosa's recommendation: Forte Technical Sales, LLC. Their URL for contact is here.
Thanks,

Alex

Introducing the Buffalo III-SE-Pro 9028/9038Hide this!Advertise here!