Go Back   Home > Forums > > >

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 11th November 2021, 10:57 PM   #1101
drone is offline drone  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi,

thank you so much for your suggestions.

Will try true sync mode this weekend (hope so).

As for the microprocessor: I used also a external firmware with an Arduino. The results are the same. I don't have a scope but will try to get access to one if I can not fix it otherwise. But Problem also occurs (not as bad) with Ian Canada FifoPi and reclocker not only Cronus.

Branko
Old 13th November 2021, 07:53 PM   #1102
drone is offline drone  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hello,

today flashed sync firmware to atiny85 an now all dsd files play without unlocks ) but with some light noise on both channels.

As for the sync mode: how to set dpll switches. for true sync mode dpll should be completely off? how to do so.

For switch 1 pos 1: what does normal mode mean?

BR

Branko

Last edited by drone; 13th November 2021 at 08:03 PM.
Old 13th November 2021, 09:26 PM   #1103
francolargo is offline francolargo  United States
diyAudio Member

Introducing the Buffalo III-SE-Pro 9028/9038
Quote:
Originally Posted by drone View Post
Hello,

today flashed sync firmware to atiny85 an now all dsd files play without unlocks ) but with some light noise on both channels.
I'm really not surprised. Though we won't know exactly what was the problem, now you are able to continue with your build. Again, don't be disappointed if your final installation includes some small surprises. *For your final installation into the chassis, I suggest using all new u.fl cables*.

Quote:
As for the sync mode: how to set dpll switches. for true sync mode dpll should be completely off? how to do so.

For switch 1 pos 1: what does normal mode mean?
On this question I really shouldn't help as I don't use onboard firmware and don't know exactly what version you are now using. However, when using an external master the dpll should have no effect, whether on or off.

It is, of course, tempting to continue tweaking and refining a system. But I hope you begin simply enjoying the music very soon, and remember that perfect sound is an illusion because there are so few perfect recordings.

Best,

Frank

Last edited by francolargo; 13th November 2021 at 09:29 PM.
Old 14th November 2021, 09:44 PM   #1104
jtwrace is offline jtwrace  United States
diyAudio Member

Is there any chance that this will be made into an 8 channel dac?
Old 22nd November 2021, 07:14 AM   #1105
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwrace View Post
Is there any chance that this will be made into an 8 channel dac?
That plan is mentioned in the very first post to this thread. But the fact is, that was 4 years ago and within this thread are various comments that hint at inherent limitations. Looking forward, perhaps I could offer perspective or suggestions based on the experience of running 6 concurrent channels from three BuffaloIIIse Pro DAC boards. Feel free to contact me via PM with some of your objectives.

Best,

Frank
Old 22nd November 2021, 07:50 AM   #1106
diyAudio Member

Also check here: Designing a practical ES9038 based eight channel DAC
Old 22nd November 2021, 03:07 PM   #1107
jtwrace is offline jtwrace  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by francolargo View Post
That plan is mentioned in the very first post to this thread. But the fact is, that was 4 years ago and within this thread are various comments that hint at inherent limitations. Looking forward, perhaps I could offer perspective or suggestions based on the experience of running 6 concurrent channels from three BuffaloIIIse Pro DAC boards. Feel free to contact me via PM with some of your objectives.

Best,

Frank
Hello Frank,

Yeah, I saw that comment; being that it was so long ago I figured I'd post in the thread to ask if it's still in the works or if it has fallen off the roadmap. Being that I use 8 channels for my 2 ch system I thought I'd ask if it's in the works to replace my pro audio dac.

Introducing the Buffalo III-SE-Pro 9028/9038Hide this!Advertise here!