• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

A multi-channel interface from PC - the Missing Link

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Another Noob question, i am using Pure Music on my mac and i see it can stream up to up to 192 kHz / 24 bit over Lan see this pdf. Could this stream be used by BBB Botic+TP reclockers so i have access to more than 2 channel I2s or is there some Mac/Linux incompatibilities meaning I'm screwed?

Edit It's actually: " Uncompressed local audio streaming support with NetSend (up to 384 kHz and up to four separate connections)"

Last edited:
there is a "shairport-sync" software that can receive AirPlay stream on Linux ... no idea if it works with multichannel audio

try Volumio image for BBB ... it should be integrated here ... maybe it must be enabled first in config, I'm not sure

is Pure Music compatible with AirPlay? if not, then this will probably not work...

Looks like i'm screwed for streaming from Pure music over LAN- requires mac developper tools' AU Lab at the receiving end. As for Airplay, it's supported , yes i read it that on paper it does 5.1 but i also see it downsamples everything to 44.1/16 - I'm still digging- Pure music support is on holidays now. Awww god- airplay can work over ethernet it seems - My head is going to explode...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.