• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

BBB/Botic/Cape play problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Changed snd_soc_botic.ext_masterclk to 3
the EN led does come on but, now play errors again

root@bbb:~# play /tmp/MUSIC1/Track01.wav

/tmp/MUSIC1/Track01.wav:

File Size: 52.8M Bit Rate: 1.41M
Encoding: Signed PCM
Channels: 2 @ 16-bit
Samplerate: 44100Hz
Replaygain: off
Duration: 00:04:59.07

In:0.00% 00:00:00.00 [00:04:59.07] Out:0 [ | ] Clip:0 play WARN alsa: Input/output error
play FAIL sox: `default' Device or resource busy: Operation not permitted
Done.
root@bbb:~#

Technically speaking - a properly mounted a correctly soldered Hermes (if you short all the header pins for example you will be in trouble) won't effect the BBB boot process in the least.

Assuming you have no issues with your BBB it will boot the same way regardless of the presence of the Hermes. :)

Frank as you are generating a lot of posts - you might get more focussed results if you open your own thread - if you do post some pictures and such so we can help identify potential issues.

Cheers!
Russ

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Russ,
I think you might have meant that I am the one generating a lot of posts re: my no play problem. True? ;)

Good luck, ichiban! When I saw that error message I thought of your situation...

BTW, I have Element 14 BBBs. Elsewhere on the web I have read that changing from BBBs by Element 14 to ones manufactured by Circuitco resolved inexplicable software problems. For me, sound = :D

Frank

Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
As requested by Russ, I am starting this thread on my ongoing problem getting the BBB/Botic to play.
Many software solutions have been tried and I have now started to investigate possible/likely hardware cause of the no play.
I've attached pictures of the build as requested and will also disassemble boards to reheat solder joints on all the connectors.

Attachments

• Pic1_Sm.jpg
    Pic1_Sm.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 518
  • Pic3_Sm.jpg
    Pic3_Sm.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 503
  • Pic4_Sm.jpg
    Pic4_Sm.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 488
  • Pic5_Sm.jpg
    Pic5_Sm.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 491
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.