Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 21st September 2018, 02:33 PM   #181
Russ White is offline Russ White  United States
diyAudio Member

If you use the settings on the first post you should be just fine. Just make sure Cronus is powered up before you connect USB to source.
Old 21st September 2018, 05:45 PM   #182
stephen1212b is offline stephen1212b  United States
diyAudio Member

I have several projects underway at the moment. The simplest is adding a sub to my existing system. Crossover, volume, and delay handled upstream by plugins to pure music.

1. The Mac OS allows the creation of a virtual interface made of separate interfaces. Currently an Amanero and the built in mini digital output. However the Mac doesn't seem to recognize two Amanero boards at the same time. Thoughts?

2. I also notice that there is a 4 channel version of the firmware available for the Amanero. That may be the best solution for 4 channel audio. Has anyone tried it?
Old 24th September 2018, 05:30 PM   #183
diyAudio Member

Have not tried it - but i can say that the Hermes-amanero is not designed for anything but stereo use. It only passes one data signal for PCM.

Cheers!
Russ
Old 25th September 2018, 08:01 PM   #184
stephen1212b is offline stephen1212b  United States
diyAudio Member

Apparently you give up the ability to pass DSD but I only listen to PCM so no worries there. The second PCM data appears on the DSDOE line. Is this the signal that normally passes unisolated through the Hermes to the Cronus to switch between PCM and DSD, or is this signal just ignored not even passion through the Hermes? If it is the flag to switch modes would I pull it up or down to permanently select PCM? My thought would be to feed a teleporter substituting the DSDO (new PCM data) for the standard Data line. The sub would then have its own isolated I2S but without the benefit of reclocking unless there would be a way to add a second cronus?

The perhaps less risky way would be to simply use a second Amanero and combine the two interfaces as an aggregate in AudioMidi on the MAC. Unfortunately a second Amanero isn't recognized. Has anyone changed the name and ID of an Amanero and been able for multiple interfaces to be recognized?
Old 25th September 2018, 08:16 PM   #185
diyAudio Member

Only 4 signals are passed outbound and only 3 re-clocked - Clock Select (pin 11) - BitClock - LRCK/DSD_D1 - PCM_DATA/DSD_D2.

So you would basically need a purpose designed Hermes module

Changing the ID Amanero is a promising idea. I would try that next.

Last edited by Russ White; 25th September 2018 at 08:19 PM.

Introducing the Hermes-AmaneroHide this!Advertise here!