• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Cronus - It's about time.

Few more questions:

1- Can I power Cronus from the same Placid as my BIIISE? Or does it need a separate PSU?

2- Do I need to remove the Trident regulator in the middle (see pic)

3- Do I need to change settings on the BIIISE?

4- Is it correct that by connecting D1, D2 and DCK with U.FL wires I have made all the connections between Cronus and BIIISE which are necessary?

5- I seem to recall that I saw a connector wit jumper for P3 on Amanero. I must have dropped it somewhere or my mind is playing trick on me, but I can't find it anymore. If I did see that three pin connector with a jumper, what should be the correct position of the jumper?

6- I have a SPDIF (rca) connector on my BIIISE. Never use it but like to have it available if I want to use my old cd-player. Where do I connect the rica to Cronus?

Think I'm ready to have a listen after the answers :)

Attachments

• buffalo-3_full.jpg
    buffalo-3_full.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 497
1) You should be able to use the same supply - just adjust the current accordingly.

2) It depends on if you want to run async or sync. For sync(where you take the master clock from the cronus to the DAC) you must remove it. For async (where you don't take the master clock from the Cronus) leave it. I always recommend starting async for your first tests and then moving to sync if you desire.

3) Generally no. But for sync mode you should run the DPLL very high BW - so that it free wheels.

4) for async mode indeed you have. And I would start this way.

5) I don't have that info in front of me at the moment - I will have to check later.

6) It does not get connected to cronus. You would use it as normal. If you wish to use SPDIF this way you will want to stay in async mode (leave clock and clock supply on B3)

Cheers!
Russ