Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 17th October 2019, 03:38 PM   #851
barrows is online now barrows
diyAudio Member

Felipe, if you Google for information on firmware flashing for Amanero you will find some instructions. Thanks for the offer, my GF is around with her Windows machine often enough that I can change the firmware if I need to, it has just been awhile since I did it last. But I do not recall needing to change the settings much, if at all, just the main firmware and the CPLD for slave, or not. I do not worry about DSD swapped or not, as I only send DSD, so I can swap the u.fl to make sure channel mapping is correct.
Old 17th October 2019, 03:40 PM   #852
merlin el mago is offline merlin el mago  Europe
diyAudio Member

Thanks barrows, I flashed several units, I guess I only need to change the CPLD & CPU as you suggested.
Old 17th October 2019, 08:38 PM   #853
rowli is offline rowli  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Hi Merlin,
when you have flashed the SLAVE_1081/2006be10
change the configuration bits as in this picture
Introducing the Hermes-Amanero
Ps: when you flash configuration bits. If it says "audio device not recognized" instead of "OK", then replace the PID 071a ⁣with PID 0a23 on the editbox on top of the Configtool window"

regards Micke
Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM   #854
diyAudio Member

@barrows & Micke
Domenico from Amanero advice:

You can use F0 to select the clock 22 or 24 in this way you don't need to assign the configuration Bits.
But if you use only 22 you can do it without clock selector so no needs to change bit configuration.
Best,
Dom
Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM   #855
barrows is online now barrows
diyAudio Member

As I recall mine are set as in the picture, and I appear to have no issues with both 1099rc and 2006be, both with slave 1081 for use with the Cronus.
For the DSC-2 I will be using an adapter (with isolation) which allows me to get the mute signal directly from the Amanero board (isolated on the adapter) so I do not have to reconfigure anything to get mute through the Cronus' output.
The BuffaloPro does not need Mute, as the DAC itself is seems to be well behaved in this regard. But, i am always sending only DSD 256, so I do not have to worry about problems caused by sample rate switching.
Old Yesterday, 03:15 PM   #856
diyAudio Member

I'm also always sending only DSD256.

Cronus - It's about time.Hide this!Advertise here!