Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 21st September 2018, 08:15 AM   #751
Luca72c is offline Luca72c
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsikhefez View Post
Hmm, I had just realized that I totally skipped over this (I don't recall having 2 jumpers in the kit).
I hadn't soldered any headers on the J_INV... I am assuming that is problematic?
What i understand is that it could help when having problems for a device to lock on cronus mck.
But if everything locks correctly without it, it is not strictly needed (it was not present until newer boards) - anyway if you have J_INV oboard, you have to bridge either MCK+ or MCK-, i think...

Last edited by Luca72c; 21st September 2018 at 08:21 AM.
Old 21st September 2018, 08:17 AM   #752
itsikhefez is offline itsikhefez  United States
diyAudio Member

Cronus - It's about time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca72c View Post
What i understand is that it could help when having problems for a device to lock on cronus mck.
But if everything locks correctly without it, it is not strictly needed (it was not present until newer boards)
I just soldered the J_INV header and put a jumper on MCK+ and it looks like its working now.
Is there a way to know the current firmware on the Amanero? I did flash it to Slave but just want to recheck it as a sanity check.

Previously I did not have a lock on the B3sePro
Old 21st September 2018, 02:40 PM   #753
Russ White is offline Russ White  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsikhefez View Post
Hmm, I had just realized that I totally skipped over this (I don't recall having 2 jumpers in the kit).
I hadn't soldered any headers on the J_INV... I am assuming that is problematic?
Good catch - I will add this info to the Cronus overview and the first page.

The jumper allows you to send master clock to Hermes modules either inverted - or non-inverted. In certain (rare) cases sending the master clock inverted can help with phase alignment at the FF. I added the header to give that option. It should work with current Hermes modules with either position jumped.

Cheers!
Russ

Cronus - It's about time.Hide this!Advertise here!