• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Cronus - It's about time.

Hi, is possible to use with Buffalo 2 at 384khz?
At this moment I have Amanero+Buffalo 2 how should I integrate?
Thank

Yes, though connecting the external clock is a bit more tricky with the B-II.

1) You need to remove power to the on-board XO, which is done by removing the L3 ferrite on the bottom of the board.

2) You can connect the external XO to the label side of the R17 pads and to GND.

Other than that, you use Amenero with the Hermes-Amenero, connect them to Cronus, then to the B-II input header. There is a separate output for MCK on the Cronus to make the connections noted above.

Finally!:cheers:congratulations :cheers:

I have ordered Cronus and Hermes/rhea. Can't wait till it finally arrives!

Regarding the bbb-pi debate; the new raspberry pi 2 is a quite different board than the old one. There is also much more development (hardware and software) in the Pi camp. So maybe it is worth investigating again.

Regards,

Thanks to all for the kind words. I can't wait until you get to experience what I am currently experiencing - which is spectacular audio coming from my BBB (and amanero - just not at this very moment)

It will very very cool to hear back from you all.

As for RPI-2 I have four of them. :) I like them a lot. If we can get them to accept an external audio master clock we will be all set - otherwise you really can't do it right - you might as well just use it straight into an ASARC DAC like the B3/B3SE - or use it with our Metronome (that is what I have been doing into a COD and Opus).

As for RPI-2 I have four of them. :) I like them a lot. If we can get them to accept an external audio master clock we will be all set - otherwise you really can't do it right
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if RPI doesn't accept external master clock, it seems to accept external bit clock.
With the right clock divider and the according alsa module fixing the dividing factor, I think the same level of quality can be obtained on stereo pcm from RPi than with BBB.
(I don't deny that BBB is a nice solution, but the dev base and user base are far behind RPi's)

Here is a picture of an assembled Cronus I took this morning before running off to work.

attachment.php

These are your clock input options:

• SMT clocks mounted on Rhea modules
  • 8- or 14-pin through-hole clocks
  • External clocks via u.fl connectors
  • External clocks via SMA connectors

Signal output can be via u.fls, 0.1" header (we will supply stacking headers), or terminal blocks.

Stacking header mates directly to 8-channel Buffalo, which will also supply power through Buffalo's VD supply.

MCK outputs are via pin headers, u.fls or SMA connector.

Output signal termination resistors will be supplied as through hole (mini resistors) and SMT parts to allow easy customization for your application, in case you need a different value.

Attachments

• IMG_20150327_081247.jpg
    IMG_20150327_081247.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 1,689
Last edited: