• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Cronus - It's about time.

If you are using windows try this:

Avrdude on Windows : Long time after WinAVR

Also note - you may either need a new Attiny85 (They cost about $2) or - you can use an HVSP programmer to reprogram the Fuses to make SPI availble. The Attiny85 come from the factory ready to be programmed ISP - but we program ours with HVSP so you may not be able to reprogram them with ISP until you reset the fuses to the ones on the Readme.

Seems that the onboard b3 input switches for i2s/spdif are dead.
I tested only the ones that pass i2s signals because I have only an i2s source.

After desoldering them and placing a wire jumper in place of every chip(only those for i2s) everything turned to normal and the dac plays music.

Are these switches a must if I only use i2s input? They do as buffers also?

Hi there. Just assembling my Cronus at the moment. I would like to know what R1-R7 are for. I have seen pictures of all resistors just parallel, but on Miero's site, they are installed different... what is right?

Received my Cronus/Rhea/Hermes/Amanero kit yesterday. Plan to integrate with my Buffalo II for stereo only use. Searching the threads, seems like I only need to populate R5, R6 and R7 with the supplied 33 ohm resistors. Is this correct?

Would also really appreciate explanation what these resistors are for and how to configure them.

Thanks!

I assembled my Cronus/Rhea/Hermes/Amanero module and hooked up to my Buffalo II. I use iTune on my Mac BookPro for source. I am running OS X 10.7.5.

At first my Mac would not detect the Amanero. I had to go into the Settings to switch the output to it. But I am getting no sound from my Buffalo.

The Cronus is powered by the same Placid HD that powers the Buffalo DAC. I increased the shunt current to for the Cronus. I set my Buffalo's SPDIF switch to OFF and jumper the J1:2. The i2s cables are equal lehgth and just under 10cm in length.

Where should I start debugging my problem?

Thanks!

Last edited: