Go Back   Home > Forums > > >

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 4th August 2015, 01:33 PM   #241
miero is offline miero  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

You can "reclock" anything, but it will work only if the signal source uses clock derived from Cronus clock.

With some non-trivial work it should be possible to feed MCLK from Cronus to SPDIF source (bypassing its internal clocks) and then feed output SPDIF signal it into Cronus.

But in the most other cases the reclocking SPDIF will not work.
Old 4th August 2015, 01:48 PM   #242
mjock3 is offline mjock3  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miero View Post
You can connect it directly, check this picture of B3+Cronus:
http://bbb.ieero.com/cronus-hermes-bbb.small.jpg
Would it work to jumper wire DCK D1 & D2? Also why is R1, R3 on the Cronus circuit board the way it is

Last edited by mjock3; 4th August 2015 at 01:51 PM.
Old 4th August 2015, 02:46 PM   #243
miero is offline miero  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

That hack routes one I2S or two DSD channels to all needed inputs multichannel Buffalo 3. There is also one another resistor on the other side of Cronus.

This could be done easier on B3, but I wanted to keep B3 without jumpers, so I can switch stereo or multichannel just by switching to different Cronus module.
Old 9th August 2015, 03:28 PM   #244
Murdoc is offline Murdoc  Germany
diyAudio Member

Cronus - It's about time.
Hallo to all!
I'm not sure if I should connect my Cronus directly to the Buffalo III (Stereo) (V1.0.1), or via the Sidecar to gain the flexibility to connect other SPDIF sources to the Buffalo.
Does the Sidecar theretically or practically has any negativ aspects concerning the audio quality?
And if I play both DSD and PCM music (with the BBB), does Sidecar also work with the Cronus output (because it's the DSD In at the Sidecar), if I listen to not-DSD-coded music?
It's really a pity that the documentation isn't ready, or at least that there is a collection of draft to-dos and pictures to get the whole BBB/Hermes/Cronus work with the B1-3 Variants. From here all the people with a non 9018DAC could also easily set up in async mode. The people wanting a sync mode have to life on the adventurous sinde or just wait until the documentation is finnished. As I already have a few other kits from twisted pear it's a different experiance.

Best regards,
Matthias
Old 9th August 2015, 06:49 PM   #245
Russ White is offline Russ White  United States
diyAudio Member

You can definitely use sidecar if you would like. It will work with both PCM and DSD, and won't really have any downside - and if you want to do SPDIF as well then you will be all set. With B3 I would suggest sticking with Asynch mode.
Old 9th August 2015, 07:40 PM   #246
Murdoc is offline Murdoc  Germany
diyAudio Member

Cronus - It's about time.
Hi Russ,
Thanks for your quick and also fast answer, as always!
What implementation of a Stereo DAC is your best sounding? Which mode?
I think as I don't know if I'll need spdif, I'll go directly feom Cronus to B3. If there's a different need on the future, I can change it then. It's easier and the less modules you have, the less problems should appear.
Regards Matthias
Old 10th August 2015, 10:46 AM   #247
ijscobar is offline ijscobar  Netherlands
Banned

Perhaps another stupid question. I'm using a BIIISE with WaveIO connected to an Apple Mac Mini. Will I benefit using a Cronus with the right Rhea? (If necessary I'll buy an Amanero)
Old 10th August 2015, 11:52 AM   #248
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdoc View Post
Hi Russ,
Thanks for your quick and also fast answer, as always!
What implementation of a Stereo DAC is your best sounding? Which mode?
I think as I don't know if I'll need spdif, I'll go directly feom Cronus to B3. If there's a different need on the future, I can change it then. It's easier and the less modules you have, the less problems should appear.
Regards Matthias
You're welcome.

The first question is pretty subjective. I like to run in sync mode - but for practical reasons that is better to do with the B3SE.

I would definitely suggest go direct until you need SPDIF. Simple is best.
Old 10th August 2015, 11:54 AM   #249
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijscobar View Post
Perhaps another stupid question. I'm using a BIIISE with WaveIO connected to an Apple Mac Mini. Will I benefit using a Cronus with the right Rhea? (If necessary I'll buy an Amanero)
If you want to use the Cronus for USB input - you will need Hermes-Amanero. You won't be sorry. I use mine all the time - it is my most used source.
Old 10th August 2015, 12:05 PM   #250
ijscobar is offline ijscobar  Netherlands
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ White View Post
If you want to use the Cronus for USB input - you will need Hermes-Amanero. You won't be sorry. I use mine all the time - it is my most used source.

Thanks. So I need:

Hermes-AmaneroUSB Isolator Module
Cronus Re-clocking Module with 45.1584/49.152MHz Rhea Pair
(are these the right Rhea's?)
and buy an Amanero.

Is there an e.t.a. on the manual?

Cronus - It's about time.Hide this!Advertise here!