• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Support for Botic Linux driver

@amigo1 - I did a build of Volumio back in Spring of 2018 from that how-to. I'm not sure what exact version of Volumio it was, but it was definitely v2. I had to use a Debian Jessie VM to get it to work. Mac user here. Stretch - no dice. I'd like to try again, but was hoping someone had already done so. I've asked on Volumio's forums, but no dice there either.

new Volumio for Beaglebone Black

@amigo1 - I did a build of Volumio back in Spring of 2018 from that how-to. I'm not sure what exact version of Volumio it was, but it was definitely v2. I had to use a Debian Jessie VM to get it to work. Mac user here. Stretch - no dice. I'd like to try again, but was hoping someone had already done so. I've asked on Volumio's forums, but no dice there either.

Thank you! I have heard your image. Аs far as I know nobody has done it in 2019 :santa2: ?

OK I have built a new image. It's still based on Jessie, not Buster. I believe the RPi images that Volumio provides are the same - based on Jessie. I haven't tested everything, but Botic driver is there and is a choice in Volumio. Kernel is boticized as well. The only thing I noticed that I'm not sure about is the "MyVolumio" feature. Not sure how that is supposed to work.

Here's a dropbox link... Not sure how long I'll leave it up.
Dropbox - Volumio2.668-2019-11-18-bbb.img.xz - Simplify your life

Volumio2.668 for beaglebone black!

OK I have built a new image. It's still based on Jessie, not Buster. I believe the RPi images that Volumio provides are the same - based on Jessie. I haven't tested everything, but Botic driver is there and is a choice in Volumio. Kernel is boticized as well. The only thing I noticed that I'm not sure about is the "MyVolumio" feature. Not sure how that is supposed to work.

Thank you for Volumio2.668 for beaglebone black! You are real geek :Piano: !

Would you so kind as to write checksum SHA 256?

That would be quite helpful. Thank you.

This took longer than expected, however there is now a "debian-buster" branch in GitHub - coroner21/linux-am33xbot: Linux Kernel for ARM beaglebone devices with patches for so-called botic driver and it includes all instructions and files required to generate a boticized 4.19 linux kernel image for the BBB on a debian machine (with a cross compiler, or if you change the instructions a little on the BBB itself, however compilation will take a looong time).

Enjoy and let me know in case of issues.

This took longer than expected, however there is now a "debian-buster" branch in GitHub - coroner21/linux-am33xbot: Linux Kernel for ARM beaglebone devices with patches for so-called botic driver and it includes all instructions and files required to generate a boticized 4.19 linux kernel image for the BBB on a debian machine (with a cross compiler, or if you change the instructions a little on the BBB itself, however compilation will take a looong time).

Enjoy and let me know in case of issues.

Hi,
Thank you for 'debian-bustler' branch.
I've just compilled and build 'linux-image-4.19.79+_4.19.79+-1_armhf.deb'.
What exactly line should I add to bbb's /boot/uEnv.txt?

Hi,
Thank you for 'debian-bustler' branch.
I've just compilled and build 'linux-image-4.19.79+_4.19.79+-1_armhf.deb'.
What exactly line should I add to bbb's /boot/uEnv.txt?

ok. After installing new kernel I added to /boot/uEnv.txt:
Code:
enable_uboot_overlays=1
dtb_overlay=/lib/firmware/BOTIC-00A0.dtbo
and after reboot I have kernel:
Code:
debian@beaglebone:~$ uname -a
Linux beaglebone 4.19.79+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Dec 1 04:07:47 CET 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux
debian@beaglebone:~$ sudo lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Debian
Description:    Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Release:        10
Codename:       buster

However I have strange messages in the dmesg log:
Code:
[   35.726204] snd_soc_botic: unknown parameter 'serconfig' ignored
[   35.726222] snd_soc_botic: unknown parameter 'dai_format' ignored
See full dmesg log with 'botic' phrase:
Code:
debian@beaglebone:~$ sudo dmesg | grep botic
[    0.000000] Kernel command line: console=ttyO0,115200n8 snd_soc_botic.ext_masterclk=3 snd_soc_botic.serconfig=MMMM snd_soc_botic.dai_format=16386 snd_soc_botic.clk_44k1=45158400 snd_soc_botic.clk_48k=49152000 snd_soc_botic.blr_ratio=64 bone_capemgr.uboot_capemgr_enabled=1 root=/dev/mmcblk1p1 ro rootfstype=ext4 rootwait coherent_pool=1M net.ifnames=0 rng_core.default_quality=100 cape_universal=enable quiet
[   35.726204] snd_soc_botic: unknown parameter 'serconfig' ignored
[   35.726222] snd_soc_botic: unknown parameter 'dai_format' ignored
[   35.727017] asoc-botic-card sound: using 'default' pinconfig
[   35.774135] asoc-botic-card sound: botic_codec <-> 48038000.mcasp mapping ok
[   35.794981] asoc-botic-card sound: 48k ext, 44k1 ext, use format switch
What to do to set 'serconfig' and 'dai_format'?

Second issue with the build kernel.
I'm trying to build lirc-bbb module. I installed generated headers 'linux-headers-4.19.79+_4.19.79+-1_armhf.deb' but stuck at 'fatal error: classmap.h: No such file or directory'. See details.

Code:
debian@beaglebone:/opt/lirc-bbb$ sudo make prepare
make -C /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build scripts
make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.19.79+'
  HOSTCC  scripts/selinux/genheaders/genheaders
scripts/selinux/genheaders/genheaders.c:18:10: fatal error: classmap.h: No such file or directory
 #include "classmap.h"
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[4]: *** [scripts/Makefile.host:90: scripts/selinux/genheaders/genheaders] Error 1
make[3]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:544: scripts/selinux/genheaders] Error 2
make[2]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:544: scripts/selinux] Error 2
make[1]: *** [Makefile:1061: scripts] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.19.79+'
make: *** [Makefile:35: scripts] Error 2
debian@beaglebone:/opt/lirc-bbb$
Should I install something?

new Volumio for Beaglebone black

In my opinion Volumio is in fact MPD with GUI with some restrictions (e.g. relatively old version of MPD, lack of satelite mode etc). I prefer plain MPD (my own build). Besides I use not only MPD but also Squeezelite so I can switch easy between the players.

1. What do you mean under lack of satelite mode?
2. How about using M.A.L.P. or MPDROID?
3. Somе MPD versions sound not good, isn't it?

Last edited: