• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Support for Botic Linux driver

twluke, the following link contains an updated image: bone-debian-10.0-iot-armhf-2019-07-07-4gb | Files.fm.
Also the updated kernel image deb-package is uploaded that you can simply install to the already downloaded and installed image to avoid going through the setup of the image again.
sha256sum is now 30614b62fd8cd4c15e5641b57840fd2c2894c8effc00b9769f532d3421416567

Last edited:
twluke, the following link contains an updated image: bone-debian-10.0-iot-armhf-2019-07-07-4gb | Files.fm.
Also the updated kernel image deb-package is uploaded that you can simply install to the already downloaded and installed image to avoid going through the setup of the image again.
sha256sum is now 30614b62fd8cd4c15e5641b57840fd2c2894c8effc00b9769f532d3421416567
That's great! Thank you. I'll report my results later.

BTW, is it possible to get header files for this particular kernel? because I have a few modules to be updated for working.

Regards,

amigo1, MPD is configurable, so you can skip Pulse if you configure custom audio_output in mpd.conf, see User’s Manual — Music Player Daemon 0.22 documentation

I have seen MPD User’s Manual and not found any settings to skip Pulse.
Maybe the command with necessary install keys can help?
apt install --no-install-recommends --no-install-suggests mpd

At last where can I get a guide for compiling mpd for BBB?

-snip-

Thank you very much. This deb-package worked well and now I'm enjoying DSD512 sound via HQ player.

access: RW_INTERLEAVED
format: DSD_U32_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 705600 (705600/1)
period_size: 4096
buffer_size: 16384
/proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params (END)

BTW the package name appears to include a few unnecessary spaces, requiring some editing.

Thank you!

Coroner21,
Thanks for providing this. I am not knowledgeable with Linux but trying to learn. The hash you posted contains a space that is not in the file. Would that indicate a problem?
Thanks again

Hello guys, i have a BBB -> Cronus (45khz and 48khz crystek crystals) -> BIIIpro (in truesync fs128 mode) setup that i use in DSD mode feed by an hqplayer server. On BBB i have a gentoo image with botic driver and Nad.
My problem is that everytime a song playing stops, i get a loud click. If the song doesn't stop and another song from the same album plays, no click; if another song from a different album plays, a loud click occurs. Obviously automute is enabled on BIIIpro.
This problem only occurs in truesync mode, in normal sync mode no clicks.
If i turn down digital volume acting on BIIIpro registers, the clicks are attenuated like normal music does. So the clicks seem related to some mode/frequency/codec change/release in BIIIpro...

I asked on BIIIpro, Cronus and Hqp threads, but nobody could help me there.
There is a (simple, as i'm not a linux guru) way to solve this problem acting on BBB software side?
Please help me, listening to music has become very annoying and my speakers are endangered :worship:
Many thanks

Hello guys, i have a BBB -> Cronus (45khz and 48khz crystek crystals) -> BIIIpro (in truesync fs128 mode) setup that i use in DSD mode feed by an hqplayer server. On BBB i have a gentoo image with botic driver and Nad.
My problem is that everytime a song playing stops, i get a loud click. If the song doesn't stop and another song from the same album plays, no click; if another song from a different album plays, a loud click occurs. Obviously automute is enabled on BIIIpro.
This problem only occurs in truesync mode, in normal sync mode no clicks.

Though this is not a topic for this thread:

5 months ago, a firmware bug for B3SEpro had been pointed out and Russ rewrote Buffalo.c and README.md for correction but the codes for SyncMode firmware were left as they were without correction. I'm not sure if this is related to your problem but anyway the firmware is experimental and if the problem continues, I'll abandon such one and will consider a Plan B like controlling the DAC by I2C which enables noise-free playing of DSD512 on HQP for now for me.

Regards,

Though this is not a topic for this thread:

5 months ago, a firmware bug for B3SEpro had been pointed out and Russ rewrote Buffalo.c and README.md for correction but the codes for SyncMode firmware were left as they were without correction. I'm not sure if this is related to your problem but anyway the firmware is experimental and if the problem continues, I'll abandon such one and will consider a Plan B like controlling the DAC by I2C which enables noise-free playing of DSD512 on HQP for now for me.

Regards,

Thank you, i'm aware of this bug, but it's not my case...

Coroner21,
Thanks for providing this. I am not knowledgeable with Linux but trying to learn. The hash you posted contains a space that is not in the file. Would that indicate a problem?
Thanks again

Pixelpusher, no problem here. Definitely no white space is expected in an SHA256 hash. I think this is probably due to some automatic formatting being applied by the forum software if the CODE tags are not being used.
If you see the correct string but not including the space when you generate the checksum locally everything should be fine.

BTW, is it possible to get header files for this particular kernel? because I have a few modules to be updated for working.
I have added the header deb-package as well to the shared folder.
If I have some time later today I will also provide some more instructions so that people can easily build their own kernel based on the beaglebone.org repository. I have already created a debian-buster branch for this purpose in my github repository.

I have added the header deb-package as well to the shared folder.

Thank you for your quick work. I really appreciated it. BTW, the revised image file worked well for playing DSD512 as expected.

If I have some time later today I will also provide some more instructions so that people can easily build their own kernel based on the beaglebone.org repository. I have already created a debian-buster branch for this purpose in my github repository.
That would be quite helpful. Thank you.

Is it misrepresentation of RCN?

I started to study Linux commands just a few days ago, to add a chance coroner21' image.

What I know, installing debian packages in a standard mode seems impossible:

debian@beaglebone:~$ sudo apt-get install lsb-core
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package lsb-core
debian@beaglebone:~$

debian@beaglebone:~$ sudo apt-get install mpd
Building dependency tree
E: Unable to locate package mpd

A possible answer for this phenomen Jessie is not compatible with Debian 10 packages.

I also tried other installation commands (wget used for manual download, apt & dpkg used to install), but without success.
There are unresolvable dependency errors when installing Buster packages.

Experts may tell what I was failed.

I started to study Linux commands just a few days ago, to add a chance coroner21' image.

What I know, installing debian packages in a standard mode seems impossible:

debian@beaglebone:~$ sudo apt-get install lsb-core
Building dependency tree
E: Unable to locate package lsb-core

debian@beaglebone:~$ sudo apt-get install mpd
Building dependency tree
E: Unable to locate package mpd

A possible answer for this phenomen Jessie is not compatible with Debian 10 packages.

I also tried other installation commands (wget used for manual download, apt & dpkg used to install), but without success.
There are unresolvable dependency errors when installing Buster packages.

Experts may tell what I was failed.

Maybe Jessie is not full compatible with Debian 10 :confused: ?