• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Non-Botic BBB Questions (amigo1 thread)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Debian BUSTER (testing). Has anybody heard this image on BBB yet?
Image Updated:

2019-04-10
BeagleBoard xM: v4.19.31-armv7-x31 kernel
All BeagleBone Variants and PocketBeagle: v4.14.108-ti-r104 kernel
OMAP5432 uEVM: v4.14.108-ti-r104 kernel
BeagleBoard-X15: v4.14.108-ti-r104 kernel
2018-12-10
BeagleBoard xM: v4.19.8-armv7-x11 kernel
All BeagleBone Variants and PocketBeagle: v4.14.79-ti-r84 kernel
OMAP5432 uEVM: v4.14.79-ti-r84 kernel
BeagleBoard-X15: v4.14.79-ti-r84 kernel
2018-09-11
BeagleBoard xM: v4.18.7-armv7-x7 kernel
All BeagleBone Variants and PocketBeagle: v4.14.67-ti-r74 kernel
OMAP5432 uEVM: v4.14.67-ti-r74 kernel
BeagleBoard-X15: v4.14.67-ti-r74 kernel
Get prebuilt image:

wget https://rcn-ee.com/rootfs/2019-04-10/elinux/debian-buster-console-armhf-2019-04-10.tar.xz
Verify Image with:

sha256sum debian-buster-console-armhf-2019-04-10.tar.xz
79f5cfce81726a248e7cabeb70e24db5124de59b2a2ab2f1239d2204fc9aefee debian-buster-console-armhf-2019-04-10.tar.xz

Last edited:
Next version mini Botic7 firmware
http://puredsd.ru/buildroot/sd_botic7.img.gz

• Change: small changes webinterface
  • Fix: MPD can now play DSD256 and DSD512

The firmware was created primarily for PPY's ReClocker and new version DSC2.
But it can be used as a universal network transport for PCM/DSD and with other equipment. It is enough to do the configuration in the file /boot/uEnv.txt

SSH root/root

And buildroot for this firmware:
http://puredsd.ru/buildroot/buildroot_botic7.tar.bz2
Weak point of your firmware that HQplayer can’t be controlled with mobile phone (HQPDcontrol, BubbleUPnP for DLNA etc).
It would be great if you could update your image?!

Last edited:
Thank you for additional details in advance, please explain what img can I use to controll HQPlayer via smartphone?

I'm not sure what you mean. What do you mean by img, an image to write to a Beaglebone?

HQPlayer desktop (Linux/Windows/OSX) can upsample and afterwards send the audio data over network to a (usually low power, but that's up to you) computer like a Beaglebone which sends it over usb or i2s etc to a dac. Embedded can do this too and then some. The main application (Desktop or Embedded) can be controlled by many applications, be it on a phone, pad, laptop etc: Roon, Muso, HQPD, Bubble etc. But it depends a bit. There's also Audiolinux which offers pre installed usb sticks etc complete with an OS.

Nothing on this thread concerning Botic controlls HQPlayer, it's the other way around, which is way better:)

Regarding HQPlayer, Jussi is happy to answer all questions you might have on Audiophilestyle.com and a good look at Signalyst.com at products might explain a lot more than I can regarding the possibilities of HQPlayer& control points.

Goodluck!

HQPlayer

I'm not sure what you mean. What do you mean by img, an image to write to a Beaglebone?

HQPlayer desktop (Linux/Windows/OSX) can upsample and afterwards send the audio data over network to a (usually low power, but that's up to you) computer like a Beaglebone which sends it over usb or i2s etc to a dac. Embedded can do this too and then some. The main application (Desktop or Embedded) can be controlled by many applications, be it on a phone, pad, laptop etc: Roon, Muso, HQPD, Bubble etc. But it depends a bit. There's also Audiolinux which offers pre installed usb sticks etc complete with an OS.

Nothing on this thread concerning Botic controlls HQPlayer, it's the other way around, which is way better:)

Regarding HQPlayer, Jussi is happy to answer all questions you might have on Audiophilestyle.com and a good look at Signalyst.com at products might explain a lot more than I can regarding the possibilities of HQPlayer& control points.

Goodluck!
I have only Beaglebone. There is Arch Linux HQPlayer package in repo AUR (en) - hqplayer. Can I install Arch Linux and control HQPlayer it via smartphone?

Last edited:
Weak point of your firmware that HQplayer can’t be controlled with mobile phone (HQPDcontrol, BubbleUPnP for DLNA etc).
It would be great if you could update your image?!

ppy's image is for a Beaglebone Black platform and in an HQPlayer context installing it gives you a configured HQPlayer NAA (Network Audio Appliance). HQPlayer streams data to the NAA, which is just a lightweight renderer. You use a smartphone/tablet app to control HQPlayer, not the NAA, so your observation is wrong and there is no need to update the image.

ppy's image is for a Beaglebone Black platform and in an HQPlayer context installing it gives you a configured HQPlayer NAA (Network Audio Appliance). HQPlayer streams data to the NAA, which is just a lightweight renderer. You use a smartphone/tablet app to control HQPlayer, not the NAA, so your observation is wrong and there is no need to update the image.

Thank you for your explanation

I have only Beaglebone. There is Arch Linux HQPlayer package in repo AUR (en) - hqplayer. Can I install Arch Linux and control HQPlayer it via smartphone?

This is based on amd64.deb aka HQPlayer Embedded (heavy software) afaik it only runs on Intel and Amd, not on ARM.
Totally different things I'm afraid, incompatible with Beaglebone.

For beaglebone there's Volumio (with Botic as well) and some others (?) that are easily remote controlled by phone and a bit more plug and play, you might want to check that out.

Thank you for your explanation, but its still not claer if I can use a smartphone/tablet app to control HQPlayer? I have SPDIF (HAT) instead of the NAA. The computer (HQ Player) pushes data to my SPDIF HAT( NAA ) in a form which can be passed to the DAC with no further processing.

Thank you for your explanation, but its still not claer if I can use a smartphone/tablet app to control HQPlayer? I have SPDIF (HAT) instead of the NAA. The computer (HQ Player) pushes data to my SPDIF HAT( NAA ) in a form which can be passed to the DAC with no further processing.

As I said, you use a smartphone/tablet to control HQPlayer - what isn't clear? If it helps, I use this app;

HQPDcontrol - Apps on Google Play

I can't comment on the rest of your configuration as I have no experience of it.

This is based on amd64.deb aka HQPlayer Embedded (heavy software) afaik it only runs on Intel and Amd, not on ARM.
Totally different things I'm afraid, incompatible with Beaglebone.

For beaglebone there's Volumio (with Botic as well) and some others (?) that are easily remote controlled by phone and a bit more plug and play, you might want to check that out.

I have Volumio it is great but to old build. I search alternative OS with player (package) to control via smartphone!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.