• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Support for Botic Linux driver

No backup? Then you have to repeat the procedures so far from the scratch.

Otherwise download my disk image from this link. It contains everything for botic and mpd but squeezelite. If you write proper entry into the /etc/fstab and the mouting directory by cifs, you'll be ready for MPD.

BTW, do not do what you are not understanding without confirmation.

Hello twluke.
On your disk, the password to root directory which should be botic does not work. Debian is ok.

Yes, once I will log in then I will use sudo. But I cant login to root. Asks me for pass and nothing works. Nor botic no without pass. How can I login to root?
Becoming root is not recommended in the Linux env generally.That is why sudo is used. If still wanting to become root, do this.
sudo passwd root
Your debian pswd will be asked Enter it.
Then root pswd will be asked. Enter your preferred password. I wrote this before.

Last edited:
On my botic 4.5 placed on eMMC I was experimenting with your examples of network directories to my PC.
My pc name on the net is DESKTOP-5LSFDSN, user name Living Room. No password.and condivided volder E://Music
This didn’t work
//192.168.1.167/Music /data cifs uid=mpd,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,iochars et=utf8,rsize=130048,wsize=4096 0 0
I skipped password as there is none. Didn’t work naither.
//192.168.1.167/Music /data cifs username= DESKTOP-5LSFDSN ,uid=mpd,file_mode=0777,dir _mode=0777,iochars et=utf8,rsize=130048,wsize=4096 0 0
Should I write Password=none?
Or should I use Living Room (Living_Room) instead of DESKTOP-5LSFDSN?

On my botic 4.5 placed on eMMC I was experimenting with your examples of network directories to my PC.
My pc name on the net is DESKTOP-5LSFDSN, user name Living Room. No password.and condivided volder E://Music
This didn’t work
//192.168.1.167/Music /data cifs uid=mpd,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,iochars et=utf8,rsize=130048,wsize=4096 0 0
//192.168.1.167/Music /data cifs username= DESKTOP-5LSFDSN ,uid=mpd,file_mode=0777,dir _mode=0777,iochars et=utf8,rsize=130048,wsize=4096 0 0
It is not PC name but your ID for PC. If not set, remove username and password. OKAY?

Apologies

-snip-
This didn’t work
Probably the lines above would be incomplete but I realized that my procedural order for cifs and mpd installation was not accurate. The point is that you can not edit /etc/fstab before MPD installation, because there is no mpd for uid. Trying mount -a without installation will always fail because of no user called mpd.
So please edit /etc/fstab after mpd installation. My sincere apologies to you for this inconvenience.

Regards,

Probably the lines above would be incomplete but I realized that my procedural order for cifs and mpd installation was not accurate. The point is that you can not edit /etc/fstab before MPD installation, because there is no mpd for uid. Trying mount -a without installation will always fail because of no user called mpd.
So please edit /etc/fstab after mpd installation. My sincere apologies to you for this inconvenience.

Regards,

Hello twluke. No need for apologies. If so then from my side rather as I was pretty intense.
That is good news. I have done some more homework yesterday and I have installed everything up to the point of mpd. Squeezelite works and I'm ready for mpd and connection to my pc server. I could not do anything with your copy of the botic as it is set to read only, and that was little over my strenght :). Therefore I started from a scratch and it went smoothly good. This evening I will do a backup, and then if time stand by me, all the rest. I will also revisit my pc setup and firewall settings (Kaspersky).
I will report on how Im doing.
Now I'm looking into may stock of chockes and caps as I see that I need separate and very good power to the cronus.

Best regards
Kris

Hi, many thanks for your comment.

-snip-
I could not do anything with your copy of the botic as it is set to read only, and that was little over my strenght :).
I know occasionally this happens. It is due to the primary UUID setting of /etc/fstab in the original image disk.
After booting from eMMC, insert the SD card to which the .img file was copied into the SD slot and do lsblk -f as root. The results will be shown like the example below:
Code:
root@arm:~# lsblk -f
NAME         FSTYPE LABEL  UUID                                 MOUNTPOINT
mmcblk0                                                         
└─mmcblk0p1  ext4   rootfs 4e974568-171a-423a-8145-0228a5685b42 
mmcblk1                                                         
└─mmcblk1p1  ext4   rootfs 3c6b1707-1c88-448d-9e41-8d72540eec34 /
mmcblk1boot0                                                    
mmcblk1boot1
Remember the UUID of /dev/mmcblk0p1 and replace the UUID in the /etc/fstab of the copied SD card with it by editing. After that the read-only problem will be solved.

Therefore I started from a scratch and it went smoothly good. This evening I will do a backup, and then if time stand by me, all the rest. I will also revisit my pc setup and firewall settings (Kaspersky).

I will report on how Im doing.
Now I'm looking into may stock of chockes and caps as I see that I need separate and very good power to the cronus.

Best regards
Kris
That is a very good news. Now you appear to begin to walk on your own feet. :)

Regards,

Last edited: