Go Back   Home > Forums > > >

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 16th September 2021, 07:39 PM   #3211
Kanutus is offline Kanutus
diyAudio Member

Thanks, Bern!
Yes, no space at all. I see I have quite a few directories with Beaglebone-stuff that can be deleted. Like './lib/cloud9_backup_examples/examples_old/.git/objects/92'

Do you happen to know the exact frase to use in this case?

Like ...

Code:
sudo rm -r ./lib/cloud9_backup_examples/examples_old/.git/objects/92
?

Or could I go with even broader strokes and remove the whole 'cloud9_backup_examples'-directory?
Old 17th September 2021, 05:12 AM   #3212
francolargo is offline francolargo  United States
diyAudio Member

My personal preference would be to find the offending (probably) log file(s) and just empty it/them using a text editor You might try ls -l in the var directory to help track and find huge text files…
Old 17th September 2021, 05:19 AM   #3213
diyAudio Member

Thanks! I will try that ... Have to go to work now, so it will take a while before I can report back, though.
Old 18th September 2021, 07:43 AM   #3214
diyAudio Member

It works again! And, the solution was as easy as it could be; it is a 'toggle' in mpc to turn outputs on and off. I have never seen this before, and have no clue how it was turned on in the first place. One possibility is the fact that I just had to replace my cellphone, and in regard to that I accidentally used a different app to control my music (M.A.L.P), and this app have done something like that? Sounds strange, but I have no other explanation. Unless the fact that I also really had filled up the memory card of my BBB to the rim made something go a bit off the rails ... Anyways, super happy it started working again, and thanks very much for the help given here!
Old 13th October 2021, 07:00 PM   #3215
ppy is offline ppy  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Please help me solve the problem. Unfortunately, my knowledge is not enough. Can't start Jack(1|2) on the Beaglebone+Botic7.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Don't start Jackd.txt (2.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: txt Start OK.txt (4.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 14th October 2021, 04:01 AM   #3216
diyAudio Member

Are you connected to any devices that are capable of recording? Try Ďarecord -lí. My experience with older Botic versions is that there is no way to capture PCM without some kind of recognized input device. However, I have no experience with Jack. I have had some success programming the user area of ALSA. It is more work than Jack, but just as powerful and probably more flexible to write custom ALSA plugs.

If you let us know your objective, perhaps we can get you running with ALSA.

Best,

Frank
Old 14th October 2021, 07:03 AM   #3217
ppy is offline ppy  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

I couldn't get a solution with ALSA so I decided to try it through JACK.
Has designed a very simple yet well-sounding balanced dual mono DAC-cape on UDA1334.

Click the image to open in full size.

ALSA splits channels into left-right and changes the phase.
Code:
pcm.!default {
	type plug
	slave {
	pcm botic-split
	channels 2
	}
 }
pcm.botic-split {
	type route;
	slave {
	pcm "hw:0,0"
	channels 4
	}
	ttable.0.0 -1;
	ttable.1.1 -1;
	ttable.0.2 1;
	ttable.1.3 1;
 }
This DAC works great with all Pure Firmware players except TidalConnect.
This player can only play on hardware alsa device or JACK.
I wanted to build the following chain: TidalConnect->JACK->Alsa(default output)->Botic

I think can try to solve the problem through a virtual alsa loopdevice. But so far, I also do not understand how to do this.

Last edited by ppy; 14th October 2021 at 07:31 AM.
Old 14th October 2021, 02:17 PM   #3218
diyAudio Member

That looks like an intertersting project, but it is not clear to me what is the role of Botic. A loopback gives you the ability to process a PCM stream using separate memory that you assign to a different (virtual) device like hw:1,0, but the final destination of the processed signal remains hw:0,0.

I am away from my home system until next week. When I return, I will send you example plugs to create a loopback. Until then you may possibly find examples on the web as used to run BruteFIR, which is the application that I ran using input via hw:1,0.

Last edited by francolargo; 14th October 2021 at 02:42 PM.
Old 14th October 2021, 02:54 PM   #3219
diyAudio Member

One other thought - perhaps the issue is not ALSA related but due to stock configurations of TidalConnect. Here is some food for thought: TIDAL Connect installation! - Raspberry Pi Forums
Old 24th October 2021, 06:12 PM   #3220
diyAudio Member

Regarding the question of virtual devices in ALSA and using them as loopbacks, I was unable to find any of the retired examples that worked on my BBB. However, it is not very complicated. Here is a reference that might help: Alsa Opensrc Org - Independent ALSA and linux audio support site

Frank

Support for Botic Linux driverHide this!Advertise here!