Go Back   Home > Forums > > >

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 12th September 2021, 12:11 PM   #3201
coroner21 is offline coroner21
diyAudio Member

Hi drone, you do not need to use the clock dividers. Simply use the original pure parameters and set the jumper to 1:1.
Old 12th September 2021, 06:25 PM   #3202
Luca72c is offline Luca72c
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppy View Post
I tried to make this firmware as simple as possible for the user. Plug and play. "http://botic7.local"
Linux is built on the basis of builbroot. And it has a minimum set of required components. The kernel is tuned for maximum stability with the DSD512.
(ssh root/root)

If you need advanced tuning for your requirements, then this firmware is not for you.

I tried your Pure firmware, it looks simple and well done to me.

But i have a problem powering off the BBB after use. Usually, using other firmwares with botic driver, i simply switch off the PSU, then it takes power from the battery connected to hermes-BBB while botic shuts down the BBB in a secure manner.
But using your Pure firmware, when i switch off the PSU the BBB takes power from the battery but botic doesn't shut down the BBB. So it remains on until battery drains... I'd have to use shutdown harware button on BBB, but to do that i should open my dac every time.

There is a way to activate this power off botic functionality in Pure firmware?
Old 13th September 2021, 07:51 AM   #3203
drone is offline drone  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coroner21 View Post
Hi drone, you do not need to use the clock dividers. Simply use the original pure parameters and set the jumper to 1:1.

Hi,
just wanted it to be the way as before (as I have tested several clock speeds) so I can use the divider.

Just not sure about the further Opargs-settings? Tried to set them to "default" AS per Miero's page.

also not sure what to do with these:

snd_soc_davinci_mcasp.mute_pins=8 snd_soc_davinci_mcasp.amanero_mute_delay=500 snd_soc_davinci_mcasp.amanero_mute_pins=8

This is preconfigured in Pure firmware. In original Miero Botic these are missing.

BR

Branko

Last edited by drone; 13th September 2021 at 07:53 AM. Reason: typo
Old 13th September 2021, 11:54 AM   #3204
coroner21 is offline coroner21
diyAudio Member

Don't think you need these parameters but I would simply not touch them as they should not do harm and it is possible that they need to be set to something...

Not sure I understand the clock speed setting. Does it mean for you using the divider improves the sound quality? In every other case I would use the higher clock speed and not use the divider since that provides a wider range of sample rates that you can playback...
Old 16th September 2021, 03:38 PM   #3205
Kanutus is offline Kanutus
diyAudio Member

Hi people! I have a strange problem that I hope is really easy to solve; but what I found after some quick googling did not help, so I ask here ... I have BBB-hermes-cronus connected to DDDAC ... It has been working well for a very long time, only slightly annoyed after power downs and such. Now I get this: "ERROR: All audio outputs are disabled" when I try to play with mpc. Is there a simple solution to just enable the outputs again? I have no clue as to why they have stopped working, as I have not touched any settings or conf-files or anything like that. I would very much appreciate any help or hints of what to do. :-]
Forgot to mention I play from NAS, but that seems to be all ok ... It is mounted, and the files are there ...

---- edit: OK, so now I got it to play with 'play' ... Maybe it is fixing it self??? I let it play out, and see if anything is different with mpd/mpc ...

Last edited by Kanutus; 16th September 2021 at 03:44 PM.
Old 16th September 2021, 03:49 PM   #3206
francolargo is offline francolargo  United States
diyAudio Member

I donít use mpc so Iím not familiar with itís command options but from a root login what do you get by issuing the command Ďaplay -lí?
Old 16th September 2021, 03:51 PM   #3207
francolargo is offline francolargo  United States
diyAudio Member

I see your edit - perhaps your MPD configuration file has been corrupted and should be replaced.
Old 16th September 2021, 03:51 PM   #3208
diyAudio Member

I got this:

/mnt/music$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Botic [Botic], device 0: external botic-hifi-0 []
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
Old 16th September 2021, 03:53 PM   #3209
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by francolargo View Post
I see your edit - perhaps your MPD configuration file has been corrupted and should be replaced.
Yeah, but when I look at it, it looks fine. Maybe I can do a 'filecheck' or what it is called on the whole linux system?

edit: I actually think my card is totally full. Not sure how to fix that, really ... Remove something that is not needed I guess, but what can that be? I'll start there, and see if that helps. Not sure how it got full, though. Some 'auto update' or something that I am not aware of, maybe? :-/

Last edited by Kanutus; 16th September 2021 at 04:01 PM.
Old 16th September 2021, 07:00 PM   #3210
bern is offline bern  Poland
diyAudio Member

Try to find out how much free disk space you have:
Code:
df -h
Check in your mpd.conf (eg: /etc/mpd.conf) location/directory of your log file mpd.log.
Check the size/how big it is your mpd.log. Maybe it has grown too much and overfilled? If so, remove unnecessary content.

Support for Botic Linux driverHide this!Advertise here!