Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 9th August 2019, 11:16 AM   #2851
Oystein is offline Oystein  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

This I wrote at the bottom of page 284: it explains why I do not understand where to edit these settings now.

From the old Botic I had to mount "/boot/uboot" and edit uEnv.txt" to be able to set the correct optargs parameters.
Is this still neccesary ? ... when I do so the uEnv.txt file is empty but when I do not mount it and edit /boot/uEnv.txt there is a lot in there but no "optargs" line

What are the correct steps to set these parameter ?

In /boot/uEnv.txt I see:
cmdline=coherent_pool=1M net.ifnames=0 quiet
#cmdline=coherent_pool=1M quiet snd_soc_botic.clk_44k1=45158400 snd_soc_botic.clk_48k=49152000
#cmdline=coherent_pool=1M quiet snd_soc_botic.clk_44k1=90316800 snd_soc_botic.clk_48k=98304000

Is this related ??
Old 9th August 2019, 11:47 AM   #2852
twluke is offline twluke  Japan
diyAudio Member

Support for Botic Linux driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
This I wrote at the bottom of page 284: it explains why I do not understand where to edit these settings now.

From the old Botic I had to mount "/boot/uboot" and edit uEnv.txt" to be able to set the correct optargs parameters.
Is this still neccesary ? ... when I do so the uEnv.txt file is empty but when I do not mount it and edit /boot/uEnv.txt there is a lot in there but no "optargs" line

What are the correct steps to set these parameter ?

In /boot/uEnv.txt I see:
cmdline=coherent_pool=1M net.ifnames=0 quiet
#cmdline=coherent_pool=1M quiet snd_soc_botic.clk_44k1=45158400 snd_soc_botic.clk_48k=49152000
#cmdline=coherent_pool=1M quiet snd_soc_botic.clk_44k1=90316800 snd_soc_botic.clk_48k=98304000

Is this related ??
If your DAC has no onboard clock, the clock on BBB, which is 48K only, becomes MCLK (i.e., 44.1K clock is not supported). Modify the kernel option in uEnv/txt by adding "snd_soc_botic.ext_masterclk=2" just after "cmdline=coherent_pool=1M quiet" and there will be no need to add "snd_soc_botic.clk_blah_blah".

This means 44.1K sources will be played with different rate. The details are well described in the section of "Clocks configuration".

Rgds,
Old 9th August 2019, 12:13 PM   #2853
diyAudio Member

I have 2 Beaglebones for testing.
One with external clock for 44.1 and onboard for 48k which I used so far (Botic 4)
The other has a hacked XMOS USB receiver board from which I re-used the dual clock section which I want to use now

I know what values I have to set for snd_soc_botic options from the Miero page.

I was used to see optargs= ... blabla
Apparently now it is similar options but now I put the options after cmdline=

Hacked:

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 9th August 2019, 12:58 PM   #2854
diyAudio Member

My earlier question about the socket error I was experiencing at "systemctl status mpd.service" :

Aug 09 10:15:12 arm mpd[1910]: Aug 09 10:15 : exception: bind to '0.0.0.0:6600' failed (continuing anyway, because binding to '[::]:6600' succeeded): Failed to bind socket: Address already in use
root@arm:/home/debian#

From /etc/mpd.conf:
# For network
bind_to_address "any"
#

Quote:
Originally Posted by twluke View Post
It's quite okay. You can ignore this error.

Rgds,

If I change "any" to "0.0.0.0" (like was mentioned in the first BeagleBone topic at ComputerAudiophile.com - I guess that was in 2013) the error is not shown

root@arm:/home/debian# systemctl status mpd.service
● mpd.service - Music Player Daemon
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/mpd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Fri 2019-08-09 12:52:40 GMT; 5s ago
Docs: man:mpd(1)
man:mpd.conf(5)
file:///usr/share/doc/mpd/user-manual.html
Main PID: 1209 (mpd)
Tasks: 5 (limit: 4915)
CGroup: /system.slice/mpd.service
└─1209 /usr/bin/mpd --no-daemon /etc/mpd.conf

Aug 09 12:52:40 arm systemd[1]: Started Music Player Daemon.
root@arm:/home/debian#
Old 9th August 2019, 02:23 PM   #2855
diyAudio Member

Ignore my latest reply above ... It does not give conclusive results so I am not sure what causes the random problems ... need to investigate further
Old 9th August 2019, 02:42 PM   #2856
twluke is offline twluke  Japan
diyAudio Member

Support for Botic Linux driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Ignore my latest reply above ... It does not give conclusive results so I am not sure what causes the random problems ... need to investigate further
If you are still persistent with this issue, then try this one: systemctl disable mpd.socket. Enabling this socket is the culprit, though I don't care.

Rgds,
Old 9th August 2019, 03:11 PM   #2857
diyAudio Member

I am already past this “error” but still have some other issues but stopped for now.

I was probably naive thinking I solved the “bind-to-address” warning message as I really have limited linux knowledge and mainly do trial-by-error if it gets over my head.

I will try to pinpoint my other issues and report back later.
Old 9th August 2019, 08:19 PM   #2858
amigo1 is offline amigo1
diyAudio Member

Default Debian IMG for BBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by twluke View Post
Hi!
Please specify, which DEB packages contain your last Volumio img file and why it is so big?
Mayby it is time to re-release it ?

Last edited by amigo1; 9th August 2019 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10th August 2019, 09:54 AM   #2859
Blitz is offline Blitz  Germany
diyAudio Member

As the original issue was mpad no longer working, why not use soundirok instead. I needed to do the same change and like soundirok much better. No need to change anything on MPD.
Old 12th August 2019, 08:18 PM   #2860
amigo1 is offline amigo1
diyAudio Member

Deep silence !

Support for Botic Linux driverHide this!Advertise here!