Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 8th November 2018, 07:11 AM   #2601
janho12345 is offline janho12345  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpusher View Post
When it comes to upsampling, my experience with Roon was not good. HQPlayer along with Roon did a much better job.
And I have to confirm! Upsampling is done back in the dam1021 again.
Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 04:04 PM   #2602
coroner21 is offline coroner21
diyAudio Member

Default Porting botic patches to up to date kernel version

Hi miero, I have tried the image supplied by twluke with much success on my BeagleBone wireless. Since I would like to use archlinux and updated kernels I am currently trying to port your patches to linux-4.19.

Current status: Compilation works just fine after having done some obvious changes due to updated data structures in the ASoC API, however it currently does not work. In I2S mode I get "Transmit buffer underflow" error messages and no real lock on the DAC. DSD mode I still have to look into.

Do you have any ideas how to best troubleshoot? What is the general approach regarding further maintenance of the driver for upstream kernel updates?

Last edited by coroner21; 2nd December 2018 at 04:21 PM.
Old 2nd December 2018, 09:23 PM   #2603
miero is offline miero  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

coroner21: can you share your patches? I'd like to check&try them on my BBB
Old 3rd December 2018, 08:08 PM   #2604
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miero View Post
coroner21: can you share your patches? I'd like to check&try them on my BBB
Sure, thanks a lot for your support! You can find the patches in linux-dev/patches/botic at botic7-v419 * coroner21/linux-dev * GitHub. Please note the following:
  • Patches should apply cleanly to linux-am335x package in ArchlinuxARM (after source was prepared with makepkg -o)
  • Please use -p2 patch option (currently too lazy to reformat the patches)
  • The device trees are probably wrong (I am currently using one that I hacked together by copying botic changes to the BBBW device tree)

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance!
Old 3rd December 2018, 08:29 PM   #2605
miero is offline miero  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Does your kernel support device tree overlays? Because years ago I prepared DTS overlays, but I never tested them. But I guess they might "just work".
- add BBB Botic driver overlays * miero/bb.org-overlays@f01b76c * GitHub
Old 3rd December 2018, 08:34 PM   #2606
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miero View Post
Does your kernel support device tree overlays? Because years ago I prepared DTS overlays, but I never tested them. But I guess they might "just work".
- add BBB Botic driver overlays * miero/bb.org-overlays@f01b76c * GitHub
I tried them and even played around a little with them but somehow when loading the overlay the system did not boot anymore (which is probably more due to misconfiguration of u-boot on my part). At the moment I do not have the means to debug this further (missing serial console adapter) but definitely plan to revisit device trees and overlays once the driver itself would be working in up to date kernel.

Support for Botic Linux driverHide this!Advertise here!