Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2018, 11:57 PM   #2571
twluke is offline twluke  Japan
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tokyo
Support for Botic Linux driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca72c View Post
I downloaded and flashed the image.
It boots, it's stretch 9.1 and ALSA is v. 1.1.3

But file system is in read only mode, so i can't install squeezelite R2... command "mount -o rw,remount /" gives this error: "mount: can't find UUID=fcf9c212-e2df-4f27-a70b-4c34835d5ab50"
Is this something wanted? There's an error in /etc/fstab?
I confirmed this read-only issue. Before making the image, I deleted the content of /etc/fstab to remove my personal customization. That may be the culprit. Today I'll make another image for 4GB SD card. Give me a time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 11:58 PM   #2572
Luca72c is online now Luca72c
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by twluke View Post
I confirmed this read-only issue. Before making the image, I deleted the content of /etc/fstab to remove my personal customization. That may be the culprit. Today I'll make another image for 4GB SD card. Give me a time.

Thank you, you're very gentle!
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2018, 09:30 AM   #2573
twluke is offline twluke  Japan
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tokyo
Support for Botic Linux driver
Default Solved: Read-only issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by twluke View Post
I confirmed this read-only issue. Before making the image, I deleted the content of /etc/fstab to remove my personal customization. That may be the culprit. Today I'll make another image for 4GB SD card. Give me a time.
The cause of this read-only issue was due to my UUID typo error in /etc/fstab. After correcting it, the problem has gone.

Fist of all, the read-only file system after booting from the flashed SD card must be changed so that it can be independent on the /etc/fstab.

The command lsblk shows the device of this filesystem is mmcblk0p1 and it mus be remounted as shown below:

Code:
sudo mount -o remount,rw /dev/mmcblk0p1 /
This way, the filesystem becomes writable and you can edit the /etc/fstab. Now change the UUID in the fstab:

from
fcf9c212-e2df-4f27-a70b-4c34835d5ab50
to
fcf9c212-e2df-4f27-a70b-4c34835d5ab5

The last digit "0" was my typo and the actual culprit of this issue. After this correction, you can get normal booting and can install any binaries you want to use.

As the problem was solved, please try the current image for download. I decided to stop further upload for revision.

Last edited by twluke; 13th August 2018 at 09:33 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2018, 11:37 PM   #2574
Luca72c is online now Luca72c
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by twluke View Post
The cause of this read-only issue was due to my UUID typo error in /etc/fstab. After correcting it, the problem has gone.

Fist of all, the read-only file system after booting from the flashed SD card must be changed so that it can be independent on the /etc/fstab.

The command lsblk shows the device of this filesystem is mmcblk0p1 and it mus be remounted as shown below:

Code:
sudo mount -o remount,rw /dev/mmcblk0p1 /
This way, the filesystem becomes writable and you can edit the /etc/fstab. Now change the UUID in the fstab:

from
fcf9c212-e2df-4f27-a70b-4c34835d5ab50
to
fcf9c212-e2df-4f27-a70b-4c34835d5ab5

The last digit "0" was my typo and the actual culprit of this issue. After this correction, you can get normal booting and can install any binaries you want to use.

As the problem was solved, please try the current image for download. I decided to stop further upload for revision.

After deleting the "0" in fstab's UUID and rebooting, the file system was still read only.
I solved assigning a label to the sd partition and using that in fstab. Now the filesystem is rw at boot.
Thank you again for your image!
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2018, 12:15 AM   #2575
twluke is offline twluke  Japan
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tokyo
Support for Botic Linux driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca72c View Post
After deleting the "0" in fstab's UUID and rebooting, the file system was still read only.
I solved assigning a label to the sd partition and using that in fstab. Now the filesystem is rw at boot.
Thank you again for your image!
Hi Luca72c, it's good to know that the image file was finally working.

As there may be still a minor trouble like yours even after my recommended workaround, I changed my mind and uploaded a revised image file again to my server. The URL is:

http://lydia.concorde.gr.jp/luke/deb...ic_revised.img

The file size is about 7.9G, though the actual content is about 3.7GB in size. I've confirmed the file was okay. Hope it will be trouble-free for others, too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2018, 05:20 PM   #2576
drone is offline drone  Germany
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germany Rheinarea
At the moment I use the Volumio/Botic image which was originally downloaded from Volumio.org.

I feed the music from my qnap-nas via ethernet. the BBB-Cronus is connected via teleporter to BIIIse.

Now I get frequent (every 5-10 sec.) unlocks. Maybe due grounding shielding problems (everything on small wood plates without cover).
It seems to get worse with higher bitrates.

How to troubleshoot this? Is there a buffer i could increase in size? Or a log file to look at? could try to use direct usb to bbb.

thx

Branko
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 10:10 AM   #2577
miero is offline miero  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Prague
you can try to log to volumio via SSH and execute following command that will generate a 200Hz test signal without accessing network...


play -r 44100 -n synth sin 200 vol -10dB
__________________
BeagleBone Black with I2S, DSD and SPDIF interface (Linux driver)
http://bbb.ieero.com/
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2018, 09:55 PM   #2578
janho12345 is offline janho12345  Germany
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: BW /Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by twluke View Post
Hi Luca72c, it's good to know that the image file was finally working.

As there may be still a minor trouble like yours even after my recommended workaround, I changed my mind and uploaded a revised image file again to my server. The URL is:

http://lydia.concorde.gr.jp/luke/deb...ic_revised.img

The file size is about 7.9G, though the actual content is about 3.7GB in size. I've confirmed the file was okay. Hope it will be trouble-free for others, too.


Thank you for your help and work!!


Do you know how to enable UART2 - standard overlay is not doing the job...
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2018, 11:29 PM   #2579
shadowlight is offline shadowlight  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Newbie question.

I have followed the instruction from pg. 248 (@fred_com, thank you for that, it was easy to follow) and have installed NAA software on the SD card. I plan to install the configuration to the internal eMMC drive by editing the uEnv.txt file by uncommenting out and rebooting.

#cmdline=init=/opt/scripts/tools/eMMC/init-eMMC-flasher-v3.sh

Once the image is on the eMMC can I continue to make changes to the eMMC or do I always have to make changes to the SD card and go through the same process.

Should I also do apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade on periodic basis or leave the configuration alone once I have everything working? Sorry, coming from normal Debian / Ubuntu on x86 environment.

TIA.
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2018, 12:20 AM   #2580
twluke is offline twluke  Japan
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tokyo
Support for Botic Linux driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by janho12345 View Post
Do you know how to enable UART2 - standard overlay is not doing the job...
Perhaps, miero may be able to help you. How about this link? Did you try it?
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Support for Botic Linux driverHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Open baffle with fullrange driver and bass support Godzilla Full Range 5 22nd July 2011 02:32 PM
Low end support for single driver monitors strider75 Multi-Way 97 30th September 2009 04:02 PM
ASIO support (driver) for Labview Aoxomox Digital Line Level 0 3rd May 2009 06:29 PM
Linux/BruteFIR support coming in LspCAD tcpip Multi-Way 18 18th October 2005 04:08 AM
linux badgers Introductions 3 3rd April 2005 04:27 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:59 PM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 14.29%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio
Wiki