Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 12th August 2018, 11:57 PM   #2571
twluke is offline twluke  Japan
diyAudio Member

Support for Botic Linux driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca72c View Post
I downloaded and flashed the image.
It boots, it's stretch 9.1 and ALSA is v. 1.1.3

But file system is in read only mode, so i can't install squeezelite R2... command "mount -o rw,remount /" gives this error: "mount: can't find UUID=fcf9c212-e2df-4f27-a70b-4c34835d5ab50"
Is this something wanted? There's an error in /etc/fstab?
I confirmed this read-only issue. Before making the image, I deleted the content of /etc/fstab to remove my personal customization. That may be the culprit. Today I'll make another image for 4GB SD card. Give me a time.
Old 12th August 2018, 11:58 PM   #2572
Luca72c is online now Luca72c
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twluke View Post
I confirmed this read-only issue. Before making the image, I deleted the content of /etc/fstab to remove my personal customization. That may be the culprit. Today I'll make another image for 4GB SD card. Give me a time.

Thank you, you're very gentle!
Old 13th August 2018, 09:30 AM   #2573
diyAudio Member

Default Solved: Read-only issue

Quote:
The cause of this read-only issue was due to my UUID typo error in /etc/fstab. After correcting it, the problem has gone.

Fist of all, the read-only file system after booting from the flashed SD card must be changed so that it can be independent on the /etc/fstab.

The command lsblk shows the device of this filesystem is mmcblk0p1 and it mus be remounted as shown below:

Code:
sudo mount -o remount,rw /dev/mmcblk0p1 /
This way, the filesystem becomes writable and you can edit the /etc/fstab. Now change the UUID in the fstab:

from
fcf9c212-e2df-4f27-a70b-4c34835d5ab50
to
fcf9c212-e2df-4f27-a70b-4c34835d5ab5

The last digit "0" was my typo and the actual culprit of this issue. After this correction, you can get normal booting and can install any binaries you want to use.

As the problem was solved, please try the current image for download. I decided to stop further upload for revision.

Last edited by twluke; 13th August 2018 at 09:33 AM.
Old 13th August 2018, 11:37 PM   #2574
Luca72c is online now Luca72c
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The cause of this read-only issue was due to my UUID typo error in /etc/fstab. After correcting it, the problem has gone.

Fist of all, the read-only file system after booting from the flashed SD card must be changed so that it can be independent on the /etc/fstab.

The command lsblk shows the device of this filesystem is mmcblk0p1 and it mus be remounted as shown below:

Code:
sudo mount -o remount,rw /dev/mmcblk0p1 /
This way, the filesystem becomes writable and you can edit the /etc/fstab. Now change the UUID in the fstab:

from
fcf9c212-e2df-4f27-a70b-4c34835d5ab50
to
fcf9c212-e2df-4f27-a70b-4c34835d5ab5

The last digit "0" was my typo and the actual culprit of this issue. After this correction, you can get normal booting and can install any binaries you want to use.

As the problem was solved, please try the current image for download. I decided to stop further upload for revision.

After deleting the "0" in fstab's UUID and rebooting, the file system was still read only.
I solved assigning a label to the sd partition and using that in fstab. Now the filesystem is rw at boot.
Thank you again for your image!
Old 14th August 2018, 12:15 AM   #2575
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca72c View Post
After deleting the "0" in fstab's UUID and rebooting, the file system was still read only.
I solved assigning a label to the sd partition and using that in fstab. Now the filesystem is rw at boot.
Thank you again for your image!
Hi Luca72c, it's good to know that the image file was finally working.

As there may be still a minor trouble like yours even after my recommended workaround, I changed my mind and uploaded a revised image file again to my server. The URL is:

http://lydia.concorde.gr.jp/luke/deb...ic_revised.img

The file size is about 7.9G, though the actual content is about 3.7GB in size. I've confirmed the file was okay. Hope it will be trouble-free for others, too.
Old 15th August 2018, 05:20 PM   #2576
drone is offline drone  Germany
diyAudio Member

At the moment I use the Volumio/Botic image which was originally downloaded from Volumio.org.

I feed the music from my qnap-nas via ethernet. the BBB-Cronus is connected via teleporter to BIIIse.

Now I get frequent (every 5-10 sec.) unlocks. Maybe due grounding shielding problems (everything on small wood plates without cover).
It seems to get worse with higher bitrates.

How to troubleshoot this? Is there a buffer i could increase in size? Or a log file to look at? could try to use direct usb to bbb.

thx

Branko
Old 16th August 2018, 10:10 AM   #2577
miero is offline miero  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

you can try to log to volumio via SSH and execute following command that will generate a 200Hz test signal without accessing network...

play -r 44100 -n synth sin 200 vol -10dB
Old 18th August 2018, 09:55 PM   #2578
janho12345 is offline janho12345  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi Luca72c, it's good to know that the image file was finally working.

As there may be still a minor trouble like yours even after my recommended workaround, I changed my mind and uploaded a revised image file again to my server. The URL is:

http://lydia.concorde.gr.jp/luke/deb...ic_revised.img

The file size is about 7.9G, though the actual content is about 3.7GB in size. I've confirmed the file was okay. Hope it will be trouble-free for others, too.

Thank you for your help and work!!

Do you know how to enable UART2 - standard overlay is not doing the job...
Old 19th August 2018, 11:29 PM   #2579
shadowlight is offline shadowlight  United States
diyAudio Member

Newbie question.

I have followed the instruction from pg. 248 (@fred_com, thank you for that, it was easy to follow) and have installed NAA software on the SD card. I plan to install the configuration to the internal eMMC drive by editing the uEnv.txt file by uncommenting out and rebooting.

#cmdline=init=/opt/scripts/tools/eMMC/init-eMMC-flasher-v3.sh

Once the image is on the eMMC can I continue to make changes to the eMMC or do I always have to make changes to the SD card and go through the same process.

Should I also do apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade on periodic basis or leave the configuration alone once I have everything working? Sorry, coming from normal Debian / Ubuntu on x86 environment.

TIA.
Old 20th August 2018, 12:20 AM   #2580
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janho12345 View Post
Do you know how to enable UART2 - standard overlay is not doing the job...
Perhaps, miero may be able to help you. How about this link? Did you try it?

Support for Botic Linux driverHide this!Advertise here!