• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Building an open embedded audio applicance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cape progress so far :)

There is still some work to do, but it's much closer to done.

Miero and I have been hammering out the muti-channel and DSD pin assignments.

I went ahead and went with the ADM7151 to power the clocks and FFs/Muxes.

Cheers!
Russ

Attachments

• cape.jpg
    cape.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 585
I have news from sound driver development for BBB:

- 2 channel DSD64 and DSD128 seems to be working and usable
- 4 channel DSD has playback issues while BBB is doing something else

Driver is not available yet. Eta 2-3 weeks.

Very impressive that the BBB is keeping up with these high bitrates. This is going to be good. :D

Much Kudos Miero, you're doing the community a great service.

Hey Russ,

Slightly OT, hope you forgive the intrusion, does the BIII play both .dsf and .dff dsd files or is that something that would be software related from what miero(Mr Wizard) is working at?

Just thought it from something else I have been reading and knowing what format to download or record vinyl in on the Korg unit.

Chuz,

Drew.

.dff and .dsf are different container formats.
DSDIFF (.dff) is the Philips standard, and the native container format used with SACD's.
DSF (.dsf) is the Sony standard.

Initially, only the .dff format was supported by MPD and Foobar. But recent versions of both applications now support .dsf as well. In the case of Foobar, it's the "foo_input_sacd" plugin which is relevant.

The difference between container formats only matters to the audio playback application. Once recognised, the playback application should output an identical signal in either case; one which I presume will be understood by Miero's I2S DSD driver.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.