• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Building an open embedded audio applicance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Russ,
I saw the card and looking at the location of the connector to the BIII seems not to be suitable because the two boards would find themselves perpendicular.
How you thought you place them?
For me the location of the BIII exchange it with the 'SPDIF.
I hope I have not said something stupid but I think also for the interference the digital part so it would be more distant from the analog part if all the components are put in the same box.
Have a nice day.
Guglielmo

guglielmope: I think perpendicular was intended in this case. And notice that cape will not be aligned with BBB and there will be some additional distance between BBB and DAC.

Switching position with SPDIF connector would prevent access to USB, HDMI, SDcard slot on the BBB.

It will be a fully assembled board.

We may also offer it as a bare board for those interested in building it themselves, no decided yet.

We need to make some decisions in regards to which clocks we will be supplying. As you can see from the board picture above, there are mounting options for flexibility.

Some input here would be good, but we will also test some different options in-house before making a decision.

For the first round (at least), I will be building the boards, so there is greater flexibility.

We need to make some decisions in regards to which clocks we will be supplying. As you can see from the board picture above, there are mounting options for flexibility.

Some input here would be good, but we will also test some different options in-house before making a decision.

How about 2 options on the clocks? Cost no object and good performance but price sensitive? (Unless this overly complicates the kit.) my guess is that there are 2 main interests in the BBB/cape-- use as an audio device and use as an input module for I2S DACs.

Is this how it goes together?

Attachments

• BBB-Botic 2.JPG
    BBB-Botic 2.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 778
  • BBB-Botic.JPG
    BBB-Botic.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 774
How about UFLs at the clocks and/or simply leave an option for no clocks in so that the owner may choose them...
How about 2 options on the clocks? Cost no object and good performance but price sensitive? (Unless this overly complicates the kit.) my guess is that there are 2 main interests in the BBB/cape-- use as an audio device and use as an input module for I2S DACs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.