• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

New to Buffalo 3 and Ivy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I've just received my BUFFALO III along with 4 IVY III (thanks Brian) and I plan to use it as an 8 channels DAC.

Even after having read the latest "Leon" guide line and the IVY manual I have a few questions:

1) what would be the best arrangement between the Buffalo 3 board and the four IVY converter ?
two IVY boards (one above each other) on each side of the Buffalo PCB ?

2) should I use the current or the voltage input

3) I read in a recent post (from Russ I think) that it is better to increase the gain of the IVY board by 4. So should I change R1 to R4 values or R13 to R16 on the second stage ?

Thanks in advanced for a new comer in digital world

Best regards from France
Jean Claude

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.