• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo III and Integer / HOG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Integer/hog

These modes in Pure Music are related to the interfaces ability, not the DACs. The B-III will have nothing to do with it.
I have used integer mode and hog mode with the SOtM async USB interface with the B-II/III with no problem, but this is becasue the SOtM is a USB class 2 audio interface. What interface do you intend to use with the B-III? The interface will determine whether integer and hog mode will be available.

Then...

Ahh.

I tried a friends Buffalo II with an Audiophilleo 1 Audiophilleo1 - advanced low jitter USB S/PDIF processor and it will not work with Integer / HOG.

The incompatibility is the Audiophileo, not the B-II. The B-III will be no different. I am a little surprised that the Audiophilleo is not compatible with integer mode though? Usually interfaces which do not require additional drivers like the Audiophilleo (for Mac) do work with integer mode. Beware, that Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion) does not offer integer mode at all, one has to use OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard) for USB class 2 audio and integer mode compatibility.

The incompatibility is the Audiophileo, not the B-II. The B-III will be no different. I am a little surprised that the Audiophilleo is not compatible with integer mode though? Usually interfaces which do not require additional drivers like the Audiophilleo (for Mac) do work with integer mode. Beware, that Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion) does not offer integer mode at all, one has to use OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard) for USB class 2 audio and integer mode compatibility.

Gotcha. Yes, I'm using Snow Leopard with my LIO-8 without any issues. Dunno. Maybe firmware in the AP1.

Weird...

I just checked this list:

Updated integer mode capable device list | Computer Audiophile

and it lists both the Audiophilleo I and II as being Integer mode capable. I might check with Philip at Audiophilleo for confirmation.

I have used both the Wavelink USB-SPDIF interface, and the SOtM USB-I2S interface with the B-II, with Mac OSX 10.6/Pure Music in hog and integer mode with no problems. The interface is what matters here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.