• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

How do you buy Buffalo II?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've read about BII and got interested in it. However, having watched the web site for last 2 weeks, I did not see BII on sale, it always appears sold out.

I need BII, Legato, 2 Placids, 4 in 1, USB and Toslink modules and Tridents. Provided all those modules have to be bought at the same time (shipping cost to my country could be prohibitive), I just do not see how this could be happening.

Is there a chance? I wrote couple e-mails to TPear but did not get reply. Buying BII sounds like chasing a ghost). How to get all I need at once? Is this possible at all?

If this is normal (unavailability of those items), could you please recommend alternatives (DIY kits) may be a higher price, but available for sale, at the same level as BII?

Thanks.

They'll eventually setup a few groups of orders that will run every two weeks. This is what they did last time.

Just keep watching the page and you'll see it change. There is hope that it will be soon because I see that the last order group has been shipped and there is a date on there that says something about the next batch will ship May 22nd

OK, now I have been watching TPA website over the month checking site on Saturday and Sundays. I saw Legato and Placid BP coming up and out, but did not see the reason to buy without B II itself.

I still do not understand business model and practices how TPA operates... I fail to understand why, if there is such a demand for BII kits, it is not possible to get pre-orders (of course with prepayments), produce kits and sell them. and repeat this over and over...I quite often buy from different sources (as well as other DIY suppliers), but this is the first time I was chasing the purchase over month without success and understanding whether it will ever works. I understand some over demanded products practices such as with Schroeder arms, but they still give lead time, even if it is long.

I heard many good things about BII, but unavailability of the kit turns me into buying this one ?????????/SV-192S ???/???????? ?????? (use google to translated from Japanese) which looks very interesting...

I will try my luck in buying BII few times, but it looks like it does not work the way usually things work.

I hope the situation will improve with BIII introduction.
That is unlikely. The Buffalo series of boards is extremely popular for a reason: it's price/performance ratio. Currently Brian builds all of these kits because out-sourcing would increase production capacity but also vastly increases the price. So with a very limited supply and a pretty big demand, the situation is unlikely to improve. The best you can hope for is that in a few weeks the situation will return to it's normal state: every 2 weeks a batch of pre-orders. Just watch the website and be ready when the ticker ends.

Just watch the website and be ready when the ticker ends.

Yes, just wait until the ticker ends, press f5 the second that happens and you are probably able to order one. Usually they are gone within 2-3 minutes.

I stayed up one night (due to timezone-difference) to order a buffalo32s and now I am listening to a great DAC. I can assure you it is worth your trouble.

Scanspeakman

Just wanted to answer to my own original post to whom who is interested in the same question.

To buy BIII you need to watch the time ticker on TPA website, Buffalo ordering page, (when it starts countdown to the date and time). You need to be there (on website) in ahead of time, say 10-15 minutes before the countdown time to add all other parts (power boards, amps, etc) whatever you need to compliment the DAC. Add everything to the cart.

On the countdown time be ready to refresh the page (Buffalo ordering page) exactly ON TIME on 00 seconds, if not, on 01 second to see when BIII suddenly becomes available (ordering button appears active). Hit the Add to Cart button immediately as you see.

Proceed to the cart, then to checkout and payment and make sure you have everything needed, in right quantaties (I ordered two Placid BPs in the rush :), and pay. You receive comfirmation email for order from TPA. You are done :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.