• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Legato 3 - Look ma! No caps!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Russ,
as an owner of different Buffalo, Ivy and Legato 1 and Legato 2, and waiting to mod both, I would kindly like to know:

- when will the schematic of Legato 3 be available?

- does the replacement of the three parallel BS250 with TP0604 have a different result in terms of measurement (ex. THD, slew rate, bandwith) on a Zload of let's say 4,7K (the ballsie inputs), or just they perform better only on lower otput Zload or both?

This is just to understand if it is worth to replace again all BS250 with these new devices.

Thank you in advance!
GM

Last edited:
as an owner of different Buffalo, Ivy and Legato 1 and Legato 2, and waiting to mod both, I would kindly like to know:

- does the replacement of the three parallel BS250 with TP0604 have a different result in terms of measurement (ex. THD, slew rate, bandwith) on a Zload of let's say 4,7K (the ballsie inputs), or just they perform better only on lower otput Zload or both?
GM

Good question! As owner of different Buffalo, Counterpoint, Ivy and Legato 2 it will be interesting to know for me too.

Last edited:
Thanks Brian... I figured that was the answer I just wanted to make sure. I am trying to have no opamps in my rig this time.

I've found a tube BAL/SE circuit with unity gain so I'm thinking of trying that but now that I think about the ventus I may build that as well.

Darn it, you've sold another module. There goes the Camaro fund!

The onboard bal->se uses an opamp. It would take way too many components to do it discretely on the board. You can always use an external discrete unit (Ventus) driven from the balanced outputs if it's that important to you.

The major beauty of Legato 3 is all discrete for balanced OP.
Is it possible to take SE output from one of the balanced OP and ground?

Nobody can help me to understand what below? Are these so odd questions?
Thank you!

Hello Russ,

This is just to understand if it is worth to replace again all BS250 with these new devices.

Thank you in advance!
GM

Kits are being assembled now...

Attachments

• DSCN0334.JPG
    DSCN0334.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 936
  • DSCN0338.JPG
    DSCN0338.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 883
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.