• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you Russ. Of course I2S and PCM are equivalent aren't they?
With regular drives, nothing to expect that can't be handled by B II.
I don't know what is coming up, I am not in touch with this field. Some people are working on SD card drives. Looking interesting.
There was also a very clear purpose behind my question. I want to prevent you guys to fall asleep! LOL!
Good evening.

Hi Russ/Brian

I've ordered a Buffalo II plus IVY III, which I'll be using in SE mode. (I already have a Buffalo 32S). Is it still possible to extract an SE output from IVY III by using "half" of the balanced output, as was the case with Buffalo 32S?? I.e. is the BAL/SE circuit of IVY III essential for SE use, or is it included to take advantage of a small theoretical increase in performance? Or just to allow both SE and Balanced outputs to be used simultaneously?

Thanks

Paul Needs

ra7

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Russ, this may seem like a naive question and maybe I'm not experienced enough, but what will I need, bar the PS, to make a complete DAC with the buffalo?

USB receiver + Buffalo + IVY? Can i use trafos for output? where would they fit in?

I plan to feed coax from the CD player and USB from the comp.

Hi Russ/Brian

I've ordered a Buffalo II plus IVY III, which I'll be using in SE mode. (I already have a Buffalo 32S). Is it still possible to extract an SE output from IVY III by using "half" of the balanced output, as was the case with Buffalo 32S?? I.e. is the BAL/SE circuit of IVY III essential for SE use, or is it included to take advantage of a small theoretical increase in performance? Or just to allow both SE and Balanced outputs to be used simultaneously?

Thanks

Paul Needs

You don't have to use the BAL/SE stage, but you will get a bit better DNR if your wanting SE output if you do use it. The output stage is not the same as the BUF32S. There are no relays at the balanced outputs (they are not needed when being used balanced), only at the SE outputs.

Cheers!
Russ

I've been unable to source the film caps for IVY in the UK or Europe, Wima told me to get lost and they don't stock them, I've tried every distro and they all say no. Mouser is the only place.

Now I sent an email to TP a few days ago asking to buy the caps but there is no reply and now I've had the USPS shipping notice; argh!

Too late?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.